MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 57.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

[Xbox 360] All Achievement Points?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

[Xbox 360] All Achievement Points?

Postby MadMind » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Which games for the Xbox 360 have you achieved all achievement points for?
If you don't have a gold membership to Xbox Live (as I most times do not), feel free to include games (denote with an asterix) in which you've achieved all single player achievements.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: [Xbox 360] All Achievement Points?

Postby Shipley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Pac-Man Championship is the only one I'm proud of.

I usually don't clear out games. Typically there is a few not worth doing unless you've got NOTHING else to do. Burnout Paradise I play more than most people, and I'm not going to do all the road rules challenges, even if that would complete the game's single player.

Nevermind ranked multiplayer points that are often times hard to get. Not that all points should be easy, but I didn't enjoy Gears of War 2's multiplayer enough to play it online more than a few times.

My completion rate averages around 60%.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 pm

For the most part I agree with you. I'm not going to go out of my way to unlock every achievement unless I really enjoy the game and the achievements aren't too ridiculous (i.e. Guitar Hero) or stray too far from the game's main goals.
But overall I really do appreciate the inclusion of "achievement" points. It gives players something to strive for. Achievements are a way of supplanting the coveted "high-score" days of yesteryear.

I just unlocked the last achievement for Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy last night. I mean you could run through the game in 3 hours if you knew what to do in every level. 5-15 (and that's an overly generous estimate) on the first run through. Yet, it took me just over 40 hours of gameplay to unlock every achievement. That is just plain ridiculous but call me crazy I enjoyed it.

I beat Halo 3 on legendary partially because it also unlocked the achievements for lesser difficulties (which it should), but I have run across older games where that is not the case (GUN, Far Cry Instincts Predator) and I'm not going to play through a lengthy game 4 times just for the sheer heck of it.
Considering that both GUN and Far Cry are some of the 360's earliest games, has that issue been amended on most newer titles?

My Checklist;
- Xbox Live Arcade -
Contra
*Dash Of Destruction (the Doritos game)
*Frogger
*Heavy Weapon
Pac Man Championship Edition
Wik: Fable Of Souls

- Full Games -
Call Of Duty 2
*Halo 3
King Kong
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
*Prey
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 am

I don't like the fact that over half the achievements for some games are multiplayer achievements. Online/multiplayer achievements shouldn't even be coupled with single player achievements.

I redeemed a one month gold membership card the other night and am just annoyed with online play. Now we have to hear other players blab on and on and talk trash. And online multiplayer (especially with FPS's) is basically the same no matter what game you're playing, and it's just chaos. There is little "skill" involved. It's just knowing the levels and where the weapons are.

I guess I'm showing my age when I reveal my opposition towards the direction of MMO's, online play/multiplayer, and casual gaming and controller-free gaming.
I think developers are spending too much time appeasing the online multiplayer crowd, so much so that the single player content (the real meat of a game) suffers. I mean, where's all the DLC for single-player additions to a game, rather than just more multiplayer maps?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 am

i'm at 920/1000 on Wolverine and Transformers 2. Another play through of Wolverine on Hard and a few more TF2 online matches and I'll max out them both.

I fully expect to complete Halo 3's 1750 points this fall when the final map pack is released.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games