MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Either kick him off the boat or...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Either kick him off the boat or...

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:28 pm

You're annoying as fuck dude.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:40 pm

boston_jeff wrote:You're annoying as fuck dude.

I'm not a dude.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:20 am

bitcharista is lunatic fringe/Bunny Chow/Renee Gabel
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Madsci » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 am

Jazznews, so your kids are moving out and the nest is kinda empty. Now is the perfect time to get a new pet or hobby. Have fun outside the internet.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 am

Madsci wrote:Jazznews, so your kids are moving out and the nest is kinda empty. Now is the perfect time to get a new pet or hobby. Have fun outside the internet.

Yeah, forums aren't for fun.

My kids are moving out? This is news. My oldest hasn't lived at home for years. Why is that any business of yours anyway?
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 am

Jazznews wrote:bitcharista is lunatic fringe/Bunny Chow/Renee Gabel

Jazznews, aka Genie, has been kicked off TDPF and madison.com's forums. She looks like she is going for the trifecta.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:16 am

Genie, let's put it this way: The readership of this site doesn't care about links to news stories that they've already read. This is a discussion site. Unless you're putting out an idea or asking an interesting question, your posts are just taking up room here.

I mean, you're not even proposing a subject for discussion for a lot of these posts.

Does the term "signal to noise ratio" mean anything to you? You're producing a lot of noise right now. Knock it off.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 pm

jjoyce wrote:Genie, let's put it this way: The readership of this site doesn't care about links to news stories that they've already read. This is a discussion site. Unless you're putting out an idea or asking an interesting question, your posts are just taking up room here.

I mean, you're not even proposing a subject for discussion for a lot of these posts.

Does the term "signal to noise ratio" mean anything to you? You're producing a lot of noise right now. Knock it off.

Alright, fine. I really was just trying to help by posting topics, though. I've been a reader of Isthmus since it began and if getting things going on the forums will help save it, even if I am the topic, that's what I'll do. Really, Isthmus should maybe have some fundraisers if that will help. You certainly know a lot of musicians who would play.

What's sad though, is when Renee and her pals - Henry Vilas, bluethedog... come in and target me for banning, which they also did on madison.com. It's unfair and really nasty. Renee has been attacking me over several years now - vicious name-calling, sending subscriptions in the mail with my name changed into a derogative word, etc. I'm really sick of it and was advised by someone to call the police. I may still do that.
Last edited by Jazznews on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Jazznews wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Genie, let's put it this way: The readership of this site doesn't care about links to news stories that they've already read. This is a discussion site. Unless you're putting out an idea or asking an interesting question, your posts are just taking up room here.

Alright, fine. I really was just trying to help by posting topics, though. I've been a reader of Isthmus since it began and if getting things going on the forums will help save it, even if I am the topic, that's what I'll do. Really, Isthmus should maybe have some fundraisers if that will help. You certainly know a lot of musicians who would play.

What's sad though, is when Renee and her pals - Henry Vilas, bluethedog... come in and target me for banning, which they also did on madison.com. It's unfair and really nasty. Renee has been attacking me over several years now - vicious name-calling, sending subscriptions in the mail with my name changed into a derogative word, etc. I'm really sick of it and was advised by someone at madison.com to call the police. I may still do that.

Did you always walk around with a sign on your back saying "Kick me"? You certainly know how to play the victim. Did any forum contributor here or on madison.com ever support your "cause"?

You target yourself. Maybe you are just a masochist.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 pm

I've never interacted with any of those folks, but jjoyce is spot-on with the signal-to-noise ratio. Unfortunately, that's the kind of thing that sends me AWAY from some forums. I don't generally mind about the stuff you post otherwise, but the only discussion you stimulate is about how much you spam.

I realize this is nearly as bad as trying to reason with MadMind (may he rest in lonely, lotion-covered peace), but can you at least take a breather and think about what quality really means?
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Signal vs. Noise is what a LOT of people are looking for online. It's the reason why some people quit Facebook and/or Twitter, it's why they shutter Yahoo email accounts and stop visiting Forums. And the thing is, they don't necessarily make a conscious decision to stop on a certain date, they just look back over a month and realize their use started stagnating.

I still think the ratio here is healthy, but it's noticeable when it declines.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bygone » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Jazznews wrote: was advised by someone at madison.com to call the police.

madison.com this, madison.com that, madison.com, madison.com, madison.com.
piss off already. please.
bygone

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Henry Vilas wrote: Did any forum contributor... on madison.com ever support your "cause"?

I had a lot of friends there. On both sides of the political spectrum. Some have even asked where I went, but atlas deletes the references to me. There was even a thread about it. One contributor went to school with my brothers. Others I've known through co-ops and other things. And I was friends with 2 former posters that died - jhml and Bob Arctor/Jack Clubb. I went to their memorials. Jhml's widow was happy to meet one of the people that he spent so much time conversing with. Jack's memorial was full of people from Union Cab and other leftish groups. And the frustrating thing is that I couldn't tell people on the forum about them, because trolls like you got me banned. I never broke the rules, unlike people like Renee, who posted so much anti-semitic stuff and vicious attacks. Plus she used to smear Jason and TDP a lot.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Thusnelda wrote: I don't generally mind about the stuff you post otherwise, but the only discussion you stimulate is about how much you spam.

So maybe Jason should delete the threads I started. I've already gone through and deleted all of my posts that were the last ones (except the Crane Thread - because it's a fundraiser), and that included a couple of threads that no one posted on. That's one nice thing about this place - being able to delete your post if it's the last one.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby doppel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Straight from the ever dancin' fingers of Ja news:

"What's sad though, is when Renee and her pals - Henry Vilas, bluethedog... come in and target me for banning, which they also did on madison.com."

Dudette, don't blame anyone but yourself and me for starting this thread. This thread was born out of your incessant blathering. Your actions have incited the mob with the burning torches. I did not know you had a past life as "Genie". Your profile said you had joined in April. Like a fool, I assumed you were someone new to the forum and had no idea of what is reasonable. You still prove daily that do not.

You seem to be able to come back from the dead. Again. And again.

Jason, there actually are times when the mob is right.(see democratic process). Do your duty. Only you can drive a stake through Jazznews/Genie/Dracula's heart. Put us out of her misery.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com