MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Banning People...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Banning People...

Postby Jazznews » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Doppel's only purpose in these forums seems to be trying to get people to leave. That isn't very a positive thing to do, especially when Isthmus is having problems. GODDOG, Chuck Schick, me...who's next? Maybe he should get the boot.

doppel wrote:Hey Forum addict godoggiedo, look in your review mirror. It's one of your posts coming back at you. "this is just stupid! kinda like all your posts. you are not funny, witty, charming or remotely intelligent. we would not miss you if you stopped posting. your opinion is predictable and moronic ...
Another Very Funny Joke

doppel wrote:You are merely a cast iron prick with a MYopic view of the world. Follow your regrets and don't come back to the forum. Make it a better place for everyone. Fuck Chuck...Schick is a dick.
Who Wants a Piece of Me[/quote]
doppel wrote:Cut off his fucking fingers and nose so he can no longer type. ... Pull the plug. Put two or three socks in it. This much keen insight is more than the teeming masses can stand. ... It's three strikes and you're outta here. As they say in Chicago, Vote early and vote often
Last edited by Jazznews on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Re: Ban Doppel...

Postby white_rabbit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm

This is not helping your cause. I just came to your defense in the other thread. As my daddy told me, don't get into pissing matches with skunks. Delete your post above and I will delete this post and you can erase this unnecessary thread.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 am

The rabbit is right Jazzy. You aren't cool enough to be starting threads like this. Just be quiet and let the big kids have their fun. They were nice enough to let you stay here and watch them play, so please don't be causing any problems by actually saying anything.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

Peanutbutter wrote:The rabbit is right Jazzy. You aren't cool enough to be starting threads like this. Just be quiet and let the big kids have their fun. They were nice enough to let you stay here and watch them play, so please don't be causing any problems by actually saying anything.

Is your only purpose here to belittle the forum?
Last edited by white_rabbit on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 am

white_rabbit wrote:Is your only purpose here to belittle the forum, chunky-butter? Here's a suggest for you; fuck off and go spit shine some knobs and then choke on your own creamy peanut blend, you taint sniffing little bitch.

Why these blatant insults? And gay jokes at that. How passe.

I have said many times how much I enjoy this forum. Other people have said that the losers who have been thrown out deserve it for breaking the rules. Why are you getting mad at only me and not them? No matter how long I live here I don't think I will ever truly understand Americans. Such a fickle people.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:57 am

Peanutbutter wrote:Why these blatant insults? And gay jokes at that. How passe.

Sorry I can't be as subtle with the insults as you.
Last edited by white_rabbit on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:34 pm

"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Ban Dopplebock? Nothing heralds the arrival of spring like the first new batch of dopplebock. Full bodied, creamy, malty, high in alcohol content and in carbohydrates, this "bread in a bottle" really hits the spot when the ides of march still bring winter's last chill. Ban it? Nein!
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 pm

white_rabbit wrote:fuck off and go spit shine some knobs and then choke on your own creamy peanut blend, you taint sniffing little bitch.

Sorry, rabbit, but that's almost a direct quotation of the bullshit that got MadMind kicked out. Coming from a gay man doesn't make it any more appropriate for the Forum, in my opinion.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:36 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:fuck off and go spit shine some knobs and then choke on your own creamy peanut blend, you taint sniffing little bitch.

Sorry, rabbit, but that's almost a direct quotation of the bullshit that got MadMind kicked out. Coming from a gay man doesn't make it any more appropriate for the Forum, in my opinion.

You are right, I shouldn't let Jiffy's passive aggressive back-handed insults of the DPF get to me and I apologize. I noticed a few days ago his condescending comments got to you as well. I shouldn't take license to us my "gayness" as a free pass to use it as a baseball bat against the likes of PB. Please accept my apology. I've erased the offending comments that I could. If I offended anyone I offer a sincere apology. I have a long weekend off of work and I was drunk at the time and thought I was being cute and clever. I now realize I was being an a-hole and I regret that, now that I am sober-"ish".

Please don't ban me, because I really don't want to have to register as blanca_tibbar on TDF, I've already shamed myself enough with that moniker on madison.com.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 am

white_rabbit wrote:Please accept my apology. I've erased the offending comments that I could. If I offended anyone I offer a sincere apology. I have a long weekend off of work and I was drunk at the time and thought I was being cute and clever. I now realize I was being an a-hole and I regret that, now that I am sober-"ish".

Apology accepted. Let's move on.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:Please accept my apology. I've erased the offending comments that I could. If I offended anyone I offer a sincere apology. I have a long weekend off of work and I was drunk at the time and thought I was being cute and clever. I now realize I was being an a-hole and I regret that, now that I am sober-"ish".

Apology accepted. Let's move on.

Thanks. I was being a weenie.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:10 am

white_rabbit wrote:[ I have a long weekend off of work and I was drunk at the time

Early Sunday morning? You take your long weekends off seriously.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 am

narcoleptish wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:[ I have a long weekend off of work and I was drunk at the time

Early Sunday morning? You take your long weekends off seriously.

Day drinking. It's not for amateurs. Besides, I hadn't gone to bed from Saturday night yet...Don't try this at home, kids.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swoon_queen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:52 am

TheBookPolice wrote:

Honestly, will someone please explain to me the actual parameters of TDPF policy where this stuff is concerned? I don't get it. Does this mean if MadMind was quick enough to offer an apology and edit his offensive comments, he'd still be allowed to post? I understand that MadMind's comments could often be construed as offensive, so there's a precedent there, but it seems a little hypocritical to me. Please note that I'm not advocating for anyone to be banned-- it just seems like grounds for banning are murky. If they weren't, there would be plenty of "contempt for the community" bans.
swoon_queen
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com