MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Taste Looms!

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Postby robbie webber » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:16 pm

This is my favorite part of the article:

"There's a good chance he was drunk or drugged. Only an idiot would jump into the bear cage," zoo director Vuk Bojovic told Reuters.
robbie webber
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kweetech » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:52 pm

supaunknown wrote:This was the second year in a row now that brewers were measuring their pricks with regards to alcohol content. Last year and especially this year it seemed taste was too often sacrificed in favor of making stronger beer.

The cask ale tent was the bomb diggity. Next year I'm gonna try to make a point of hitting that earlier in the day.

The cask ale tent was the tipping point of my day. :wink:
I've been a big beer fan for years, I think for brewers its something to have fun with...big flavors, bourbon beers, double IPAs, etc. I don't always line my fridge with big beer, so the taste is a great time to get a bunch of fun beers in one shot.
kweetech
Forum Addict

Re: The Taste Looms!

Postby john_titor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Just got some last minute tickets, after a few years away from the fest.

Has anyone taken the taxis before? Does it take forever? Maybe I can weeze someone into dropping off / picking up at The Great Dane.

Anything special from Lake Louis this year?

I read somewhere about the distribution of tickets, and a fair amount went to out-of-staters. I am not one to jump on the FIB-bashing bandwagon, but dang.

This kind of pisses me off too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Great-Taste-of-the-Midwest-Ticket-8%2F8%2F09-%28Madison%29_W0QQitemZ220456088275QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090723?IMSfp=TL090723154002r24599

On a more positive note, I just downloaded the program:

6) Baumgartner ’s Limburger $3

I pity those downwind.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Taste Looms!

Postby baboocole » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 am

Eh, I didn't have any problem with the taxis two years ago. We got in line about 20 minutes before the Taste ended and only had to wait about 15 minutes for a taxi van that could accommodate all of our group. Obviously the longer you wait to get in line, the worse it's going to be.

There will be free shuttles running to all three Dane locations until 7 pm. No weezing necessary.

I have no issue with tickets going to out of state folks...afterall, it is the Great Taste of the MIDWEST. Let's not get all xenophobic on their asses.
baboocole

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails