MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Daily Page Daily Highlights

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Do you read the daily highlights?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:09 pm

I read them every single day and find them both pithy and helpful
19%
I read them often. They're pretty good.
44%
I could take or leave them. They're alright.
25%
I'm not a fan. If I want to know what's up, I'll go straight to The Guide.
13%

Total votes : 16

Daily Page Daily Highlights

Postby jjoyce » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:09 pm

Let us know what you think about the Daily Highlights!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:17 am

Your poll is missing a category: "Never noticed 'em before."
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:05 pm

What are the Daily Page highlights and where can I find them?
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby atwoodian » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:10 pm

blunt wrote:What are the Daily Page highlights and where can I find them?

I believe it's the rightmost column in the front page. The one that today has 07.19.04 above it. I thought that column was a recap/teaser for the stuff inside the weekly edition, but it appears they change it daily. So apparently, they call it thedailypage.com for a reason. I always meant to ask about that...
atwoodian
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Sorry Jason, I go straight to www.thedailypage.com/forum. However, I did click on one of your ad banners once, but I was disappointed to find out when I "asked them about cruising" they meant on a boat.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:18 pm

Wow... I guess this is one of those deals where we maybe need better signage or something, huh?

Yes... the Daily Highlights are constructed daily by Isthmus writers/editors to give you an idea about what's going on around town each day. Sometimes, they're even funny. People assume I write them, but it's actually a revolving group of other staffers.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:33 pm

I read the highlights about as often as i read Highlights. They just make me feel guiltier for not filling every minute of my life with cultural crap.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:58 pm

jjoyce wrote:Wow... I guess this is one of those deals where we maybe need better signage or something, huh?

Yes... the Daily Highlights are constructed daily by Isthmus writers/editors to give you an idea about what's going on around town each day. Sometimes, they're even funny. People assume I write them, but it's actually a revolving group of other staffers.

Satirical comments aside, I do appreciate the effort the Isthmus staff goes to insure that the public is informed as to what is going on in this city when I am looking for a venue for entertainment, theatre, politics, music, etcetera. Thank you for your efforts. God knows I'm not going to find timely information on Channel3000.com or Madison.com. You folks do the best job in town keeping the site updated with the most current info.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby JCPHWC » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:29 pm

The only improvement I could think of is if you could set it up to personally notify thebookgirl whenever she is going to be inconvenienced, interfered with, or annoyed by any events in town, anywhere at any time. Then I'd rest easy.
JCPHWC

"Forget it, the book girl! It's Norris Court!!!"

Postby Marvell » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:09 pm

JCPHWC wrote:The only improvement I could think of is if you could set it up to personally notify thebookgirl whenever she is going to be inconvenienced, interfered with, or annoyed by any events in town, anywhere at any time. Then I'd rest easy.

Now, now - be nice to the new meat.

This mean, duck-infested city will break her soon enough...
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wesmon » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:58 pm

I noticed the daily highlights long ago so they seem prominent enough to me. Unfortunately I always notice them too late and have ended up cursing myself many times for missing a show or event I would have liked to attend. Of course that is my own fault.

I do think the daily highlights are useful and needed. From what other people say here, maybe they need more hyping on the main page.
Wesmon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:24 pm

Wesmon wrote:I do think the daily highlights are useful and needed. From what other people say here, maybe they need more hyping on the main page.

Ummm.... That IS the main page, right?
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nickled&dimed » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:16 pm

jason- when i remember to read them, i love em. but usually i get here by clicking on the nice email you remember to send when someone responds to a topic.

you should ADVERTISE them in a banner in the forum. then i might remember. don't make me remember by myself. walk me through it honey.
nickled&dimed
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com