MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 75.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

inglourious basterds

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

inglourious basterds

Postby depinmad » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm

what's not to love?
total tarantino awesomeness.

as an aside, if you can't go ten minutes without peeing, or have to drink three or more large sodey pops every ten minutes and then pee, why bother going to a movie? especially one that is close to three hours long?

i mean motherfuckers were getting up to pee during the first scene, the second scene, the next to last scene, the last scene...

hold your water, assholes, or wear a fucking diaper.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Re: inglourious basterds

Postby AaronTheSnob » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:37 am

Well, I loved the film, but I do have to say this: If Brad Pitt had been in any more scenes than he was, he would have ruined it for me. That has to have been one of the hammiest and worst performances I have ever seen by just about anybody in my life. What were he and Tarantino thinking? That accent, those goofy facial expressions (particularly when he and the two other basterds were at the premier with the German actress...what the hell was that jutting out of the chin and the grimace???) Wow, unbelievable. (And I ordinarily like Pitt.)

At any rate, several scenes of great suspense and no small amount of gore. Standouts for me were Christoph Walz as the Jew Hunter and Diane Kruger as the German Actress. Both superb.
AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 am

How do you know they were getting up to pee? Did you follow them to the restroom or something?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am

well everyone who got up had extra large sodas in their grubbers, and if they weren't getting up to pee, then there must have been an outbreak of diarrhea that night at sundance, which given the food there, is possible. in any case, if you can't sit still for a movie, stay home.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 am

You're asking too much. People can't even shut the hell up during a movie. Asking them not to get up to refill their XXL drink or pee is a pipe dream. Hell... at sundance you can't even expect them not to reveal the damn ending of the movie you are about to watch before the movie even starts. We should be grateful that they aren't slinging their own feces on the screen regularly.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 am

depinmad wrote:well everyone who got up had extra large sodas in their grubbers, and if they weren't getting up to pee, then there must have been an outbreak of diarrhea that night at sundance, which given the food there, is possible. in any case, if you can't sit still for a movie, stay home.

I think the issue is more that you can get booze at Sundance, which leads to an increased need for the bathroom.

That being said, I totally agree - this movie is really awesome.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Movies