MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Overcast with Haze
Collapse Photo Bar

Windows 7

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Windows 7

Postby juanton » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Anyone try it yet?

I have the latest release candidate running at home on a two year old Dell Optiplex. It seems pretty snappy. I only use Windows for WIndows Media Center.

It seems less sluggish running the Media Center crap on 2 year old hardware than my Dell Vista 64 machine that is a few weeks old. I've been using Windows 7 Enterprise, that was recently released to certain Microsoft customers, at work. I may have to start using it as my primary desktop OS, via bootcamp.

Hurry up Netflix, Windows 7 Enterprise is out, release your on demand plug in ASAP..
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Windows 7

Postby TAsunder » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm running one of the public betas. I like it. IE8 is incredibly unstable on it, though. I almost never use it for that reason.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Windows 7

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Seems like a good upgrade. Support for Microsoft Exchange built -in, OpenCL, base 10, easy to understand versions and upgrade options, Clean quick install, enhanced built in security features, and it freed up 17 gigs on my machine. Oh wait that's Snow Leopard. All kidding aside I did have the beat Windows 7 running on my Mac and it was very much a livable usable piece. Big improvements over the Vista mess but still not my choice for an OS.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games