MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Talking to himself at the "manor"

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Talking to himself at the "manor"

Postby Nick Berigan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Is it just me or does it seem kind of useless to run a political blog that eliminates comments you don't agree with?
Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Talking to himself at the "manor"

Postby HOMOsapien » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:22 pm

It's just you.

Blaska's blog is the best hit generator this site has seen since its inception. He is a magnet for controversy. Local liberal bureaucrats are afraid of him, they can't stop monitoring him and waiting for what he says next.

The sad thing is, he is controversial on the island. In the real world, off of the island, most people would judge what he says as reasonable.
HOMOsapien

Postby bluethedog » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 am

Nick Berigan wrote:Is it just me or does it seem kind of useless to run a political blog that eliminates comments you don't agree with?

Useless is probably not the right word if someone does that. And...Matt Logan's comments are proof that Blaska doesn't do that.

What EXACTLY was the comment that was eliminated? I'm guessing it was disagreeable in general vs. something Blaska disagreed with.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 am

I couldn't agree more. But since the comment was essentially the same comment Logan's been leaving on every post for the last two months, I think he's guilty of typing to read his own words as well.

One need only view the thread about Eastwood Drive to see what he's capable of as far as verbose repetition. Plus, his recent comments are simply not germane to the original post.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com