MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Is it possible to get a one-show ticket for a FMF show?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Is it possible to get a one-show ticket for a FMF show?

Postby acereraser » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Subject should cover it. The FMF page doesn't indicate either way. Thanks.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is it possible to get a one-show ticket for a FMF show?

Postby boston_jeff » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 pm

As far as I can tell, no (except for the Andrew Bird show which I believe is sold out). I wanted a Ra Ra Riot ticket for Friday, emailed the High Noon. They were very nice, but basically told me I have to show up early day of the show and I should get in. Last year, none of the HNS shows reached capacity with FMF badgeholders. So I should be OK. But it is annoying, particularly when the clubs and the bands lose out if fans of particular bands stay at home.

I used to go to CMJ in NYC and all venues had advance tickets that were capped. If you had a badge, you had to show up early and try to get in, not the other way around. Seemed to work pretty well.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:39 am

We are going to be selling single showcase tickets at the door prior to each showcase on the day of the show. Most showcase tickets will be $10 or $15. We are also selling single day tickets ($15 for Thursday, $25 for Friday, $25 for Saturday). If you are curious about a specific price (or anything else, for that matter) feel free to email forward.collaborative@gmail.com

We changed the ticketing system slightly this year due to feedback from last year. We removed the "Guaranteed Admission" upgrade option and decided to sell tickets at the venues for each showcase. This way, folks can mix and match as they'd like but will get a better value if they buy a single or 3-day pass in advance.
ForwardMusicFest

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

Is the Ra Ra Riot show a showcase?
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:39 am

boston_jeff wrote:Is the Ra Ra Riot show a showcase?

Yes, it includes Ra Ra Riot, Margot and the Nuclear So and So's, Sleeping in the Aviary, Flatbear, Princeton... if you look at our website www.fmf09.com/schedule, any of the vertical, sequential gray blocks would be a showcase. Some are curated or sponsored by local blogs or entities (hence the moniker "Reverence Showcase" for example) while others were put together by fest organizers.

hope that answers your question!
ForwardMusicFest

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:46 am

Also, the upcoming Ra Ra Riot show in Chicago sold out well in advance, and we've been selling a lot of single day passes for Friday, so if you are inclined to only purchase a ticket for that specific show I recommend getting there fairly early.

Maybe sing a song with the Gomers!
ForwardMusicFest

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah, that's the problem, wish I could just buy a single ticket now. If I show up during Gomer time can I actually get tickets for the later show? HNS website says single tickets are 10 bucks but only available 20 minutes after the show begins at 8 PM.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:19 am

Hmmm. That might change my plans for Friday. I for certain don't want to miss the HNS show, but I was hoping to catch the Blueheels earlier in the evening and maybe swing by the Stage Door in between. But if I've got to show up super early that would kind of suck.

I've got all-weekend pass, so if I show up 21 minutes before the show starts at 8 does that mean I get to bypass anyone in line for single tickets? I did kind of like the guaranteed upgrade last year just in terms of peace of mind.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm fairly sure they will honor all FMF passholders. The HNS person I talked to said that they did not reach capacity for FMF passholders at any of the HNS events last year. So you should be good.

Not sure how many people actually care about RRR here in Madison, but this is a show I've been all over since I bought the record. Hopefully I can get in for ten bucks. We'll see.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:57 am

boston_jeff wrote:I'm fairly sure they will honor all FMF passholders. The HNS person I talked to said that they did not reach capacity for FMF passholders at any of the HNS events last year. So you should be good.

Not sure how many people actually care about RRR here in Madison, but this is a show I've been all over since I bought the record. Hopefully I can get in for ten bucks. We'll see.

We did not reach capacity last year for FMF passholders at any event-- however, we've sold more tickets this year than last (even at this point), and we are selling many single-day passes for Friday.

as a side note, the single ticket for the RRR showcase is $15.
ForwardMusicFest

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 am

We’ve been hearing all the buzz– on forums like this one, via our email inbox, and in person– that it would be great if FMF 2009 could offer just a few tickets in advance solely for the specific showcase of one’s choosing.

We at Forward Music Fest are real people, and true music fans. We talked it over and decided, hey, why not?

We know how it is. Whether it’s due to lack of funds, your cousin’s wedding out of town on Saturday, or simply your desire to be guaranteed admission to that one showcase you really want to see, we wanted to offer the option. We’re opening up a very limited amount of tickets to the select showcases we’ve heard people buzzing about, available here along with our single day or 3 day general admission passes.

Please pass this information along to your friends and fellow fans if you think they’d prefer to see one show this weekend instead of awesomely infinite other options. And feel free to let us know if you have any other feedback.

See you this weekend!
ForwardMusicFest

Postby acereraser » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks for being so responsive to your customers. This is quite contrary to most of my recent experiences with concert ticket purchases. Good on ya'.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH. FMF RULES FOR DOING THIS!!!!

I just bring the eventbrite ticket printout to the door and I am good?
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby auntgoodness » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 am

+1

Thank you, FMF09! Now I can afford to see exactly the shows I want to and not pay for shows I won't be able to attend. Rad.
auntgoodness
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ForwardMusicFest » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 am

boston_jeff wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH. FMF RULES FOR DOING THIS!!!!

I just bring the eventbrite ticket printout to the door and I am good?

You're welcome! We've gotten some great responses to this idea. Just stems from the fact that we can be flexible, so why not be flexible? Everyone wins!

Yes, just bring your printout to the showcase WITH a photo ID.

see you this weekend!
ForwardMusicFest

Next

Return to Madison Music