MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Triumphant return of Madison Music Project

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Triumphant return of Madison Music Project

Postby jjoyce » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 am

The Madison Music Project is back, with a directory of Madison bands and performers appearing in the October 29 Isthmus and online at MadisonMusicProject.com.

Since there are a lot of bands and performers not currently listed and since many of those that are have out-of-date listings, those that register or update their listings between now and October 2 will be entered in a drawing to win a 1/6-page ad in Isthmus or a month-long banner ad on TheDailyPage.com. Obviously, your listing will also appear in the print directory.

The site has been debugged and updated. Most notably, a flash player allows people to hear your MP3s without being able to download them, which was a sticky point with a lot of performers in the past. We'll also be rotating random songs throughout TDP in the near future, attempting to put more songs in front of more people.

Rumors of the return of Band to Band Combat are true. The contest will run in the second half of October and into November. Stay tuned for details.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Triumphant return of Madison Music Project

Postby NMK Nate » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 am

Is there a way for us to update our page if we don't know our old login information? One of the guys in my band set the page up, and has since forgotten the login info.

Last time we updated it was in 2007...
http://www.madisonmusicproject.com/artist.php?id=573
NMK Nate

Postby m0rrigan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 am

Very cool.

Though there do appear to be a few bugs left on the site. For instance, I can't seem to upload a band photo to our page (Little Red Wolf), nor does our profile display the genres we picked when initially setting it up.
m0rrigan
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:32 am

I also don't have the login info for Pine. Person who set it up is long gone. Could you reset that?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Looks like I effed up the genres. I'll get it fixed ASAP.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nick Berigan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:53 am

Not sure but you might want to finesse the wording on the site's main page to reference a drawing. Currently notes that everyone who updates "qualifies to win..."
Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nick Berigan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Contact for "Old Dogs New Trick" is asking me why music won't play. I don't see the play button next to the tunes. Got some basic advice for him?
Thanks
Nick Berigan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am

Fixing a few annoyances on our end, but the updating and registering is moving ahead!

Reminder: Get your stuff in by Friday, Oct. 2 to enter the drawing for a free ad in Isthmus or on TDP. Get it in by Oct. 9 or risk being left out of the printed directory!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music