MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Local Promoter in Front Row of Sleeping in the Aviary Show?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Local Promoter in Front Row of Sleeping in the Aviary Show?

Postby RockOfTheArts » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:51 pm

We have unconfirmed reports of a local promoter in the front row of the Sleeping in the Aviary show Friday night during the Forward Music Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCniLErKX_A

What kind of beer were they passing out?
RockOfTheArts

Re: Local Promoter in Front Row of Sleeping in the Aviary Show?

Postby depinmad » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 pm

oh my goodness gracious.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am

The beer was PBR, and it was flying around in quantity. I was on the left side of the stage, and managed to dodge maybe 50% of what came my way. I also took an ice cube to the eye, but it was an awesome set regardless.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby SOS » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 am

Ha! Great video! The crowd was extra rowdy/supportive during SITA since Ra Ra Riot made them headline. When RRR finished, most people left figuring the show was over. Why the first band (Princeton), who arrived an hour and a half late, was still allowed to play and cause the entire showcase to run completely behind, i still don't understand. But SITA's set was RAGING!!! I still need to wash the PBR stench out of my jacket.
SOS

Postby RockOfTheArts » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:16 pm

We were walking out of the building, after Ra Ra Riot, thinking the showcase was over. The 'local promoter' stopped us outside and told us that Sleeping in the Aviary was still going to play. We turned around and went back in. Funny, how things happen that way. Right now, this clip is our most popular video from Forward Music Fest, with over 150 views. Yes, more than Ra Ra Riot and Megafaun combined! We almost got all our equipment destroyed, but it was fun!
RockOfTheArts

Postby LoopBo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Shame on you Ra Ra Riot (I know you're totally reading this thread). Shame on you for the following bullshit bigtimey-ness:
-Pissing/moaning about their contracted set time, and demanding to take SITA's set time.
- Failing to announce that SITA was up next. (I'd say two-thirds of the crowd left after Ra Ra Riot played, most did not know there was still another band playing).
- Stating that they had to go to the hotel so they could catch an early flight to NYC, but then hanging around during SITA's set to sell merch.

Big timers.
LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music