jjoyce wrote:Loaned my copy of the New Pornographers' "Mass Romantic" to a buddy like 6 years ago and he never returned it. I just bought a replacement and have been listening to it almost constantly. It feels like the very first time!
Heh - I heard "Mass Romantic" over the P.A. at a Mallards game last summer and it reminded me of how much I like that album and how different they are now. I like all of their albums but the first one (and to a lesser degree, the second one) are the ones with the truly-awesome-always-fun-to-hear songs (no matter what Kyle may think).
Here's my current rundown this week...
* Jay-Z - The Blueprint III - pretty awesome.
* Monsters Of Folk - All of the non-Connor Oberst songs are great. Connor Oberst needs to get through puberty real bad.
* Kurt Vile & The Violators - Kind of cool, definitely very classic rock, though I liked him better when it was just him.
* Marty Robbins - Gunfighter Ballads & Train Songs - Woo!
* Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon - Not as fun as I thought it'd be, but cool.
* Reigning Sound - Love & Curses - Wow! This is shaping up to be one of my favorite albums this year.