MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jjoyce » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:30 pm

So far we've got a nice selection of bands. A few Madison classics, a few promising newcomers. Metal, pop, roots and something truly offensive are all well represented at this early point.

http://www.thedailypage.com/bandtoband
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Deadline is Friday, 10/16.

New prizes include:
Smart Studios: 5 hour gift certificate for studio time
Paradyme Productions: 10 hours of studio time
VIP Dubs: 100 CDs, cases and inserts
Scott E. Mickelson, Attorney At Law, LLC: 1 Hour of Consultation
Madison Media Institute: Studio Time
B-Side Records: CDs
Strictly Discs: Featured position on retail website
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Kyle Motor » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 pm

jjoyce wrote:New prizes include: Strictly Discs: Featured position on retail website

Seriously?
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jjoyce » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:36 pm

New prize: slot on the Frequency's New Year's Eve show!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
jjoyce wrote:New prizes include: Strictly Discs: Featured position on retail website

Seriously?


If one of the prizes was a date with Kyle Motor, Tangy would be all over it.


Wait, I'm not sure I like how that sounded...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Around here somewhere

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby supaunknown » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:If one of the prizes was a date with Kyle Motor, Tangy would be all over it.

Wait, I'm not sure I like how that sounded...

Like a gang bang.
Man, I'm really classin' this place up one post at a time.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Kyle Motor » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm

supaunknown wrote:Like a gang bang.
Man, I'm really classin' this place up one post at a time.

Please stop classin' this place up.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby acereraser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Image
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jammybastard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:
Kyle Motor wrote:
jjoyce wrote:New prizes include: Strictly Discs: Featured position on retail website

Seriously?


If one of the prizes was a date with Kyle Motor, Tangy would be all over it.


Wait, I'm not sure I like how that sounded...


well Kyle is dreamy in a Tiger Beat sort of way, but a "date" with Kyle to engineer & produce would be a real prize for anyone.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5462
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Walter » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Image

Kyle Motor: He's our Bobby Sherman.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:28 am
Location: Motorzburg

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Kyle Motor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:45 am

jammybastard wrote:well Kyle is dreamy in a Tiger Beat sort of way, but a "date" with Kyle to engineer & produce would be a real prize for anyone.

I'm retired.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jjoyce » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:44 am

More prizes:

5 hours of studio time at Smart Studios (in addition to studio time at Paradyme and Madison Media Institute)

1 hour legal consultation
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby jammybastard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:55 am

I thought studio time at MMI is always free?
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5462
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2001 12:05 pm
Location: All Up In Your General Area

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 am

Kyle Motor wrote:
jammybastard wrote:well Kyle is dreamy in a Tiger Beat sort of way, but a "date" with Kyle to engineer & produce would be a real prize for anyone.

I'm retired.


hahahaha! Retired?!

now may be good time to bring up one of Kyle Motor's best solo recordings, a loverly little EP titled, "Tenderness that Flowers Taught Me"....and no, I'm not kidding....Love you Kyle!

Mwah!

Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Band to Band Combat 2009: Five days left to enter!

Postby Kyle Motor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Endo Rockstar wrote:now may be good time to bring up one of Kyle Motor's best solo recordings, a loverly little EP titled, "Tenderness that Flowers Taught Me"....and no, I'm not kidding....Love you Kyle!

That's actually a full-length LP, not an EP.
Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:48 pm
Location: Rock'n'roll crazy nights

Next

Return to Madison Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar