MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 52.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

iPhone and ATT

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: iPhone and ATT

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 am

It would be nice, not to have to kiss up to ATT.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

The process of going from jailbreak to unlock is also pretty painless. I however am in a contract so it wouldn't do much good. If you can find a used iPhone you could very well jailbreak it and unlocked it and take it to another carrier. Or wait for Android. Wait haven't people been saying that for about 2 years now?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:54 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Tell me what it will look like and what it'll do for me right out of the box.

I agree with your point 100%.

I especially was impressed with how they showed us in the TV ads that it would do MMS right out of the box. That was really the best part of the 3GS.

So how's that been working for you?
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 pm

The phone does ATT does not. What the hell is the big deal with MMS anyways. Seems like old technology for me. iPhone user for over 2 years and never once had I needed to or wanted to send an MMS message. I can email a photo or upload it to eleven billion different online services.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm

fisticuffs wrote:The phone does ATT does not. What the hell is the big deal with MMS anyways. Seems like old technology for me. iPhone user for over 2 years and never once had I needed to or wanted to send an MMS message. I can email a photo or upload it to eleven billion different online services.

Oh yeah linking out of MMS to a different app and then switching back and forth twice to get the user/pass from the text is a brilliant development in usability! Why even bother with the real thing?

My friend sends me these all the time. To date I have looked at one of them - it was such a massive pain; I quit looking at them.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Beer Moon wrote:I especially was impressed with how they showed us in the TV ads that it would do MMS right out of the box. That was really the best part of the 3GS.

So how's that been working for you?

Considering I don't own one, it's no skin off my back if AT&T can't get its shit together when Apple's already done the legwork.

And also considering that Apple took a pretty direct shot at AT&T for that failure of effort at the 3GS' unveiling, I'm okay with what Apple's done with the 3.0 OS advertising.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Oh yeah linking out of MMS to a different app and then switching back and forth twice to get the user/pass from the text is a brilliant development in usability! Why even bother with the real thing?

Huh?

My friend sends me these all the time. To date I have looked at one of them - it was such a massive pain; I quit looking at them.

So you find the feature as useless as I do? Great.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Okay, iPhone number one is coming up on a year old. This little gadget has found its way into my daily life much more than I ever thought it would.

I control my TV with it via the Air Mouse app, I control my Stereo with it by Apple's Remote. It plays nice with both Mac's I already own.

I have 3000 Songs on the little bugger that are in constant rotation.

My work email is with me at all times and has saved my ass on numerous occasions. My Friends and Family can get a hold of me through any medium they choose, and can be sure the message is rec'd no matter where I am.

My addiction to Tiger Woods is bordering on obsessive, along with Word War...

I've done Smartphones and Blackberry's for going on 8 years now, and no matter what my crackberry friends say...this little palm sized computer is the bomb.

My problem? (and I'm looking to see if anyone else is having similar issues) is mechanically the thing is kinda shitty. To date, I have gone through 3 screen replacements and have had the slilence switch replaced twice. The screen has been my fault once with a bad drop, but the other two have been dead pixel issues. The switch is junk... I turn the phone from silent to on a few times a day, it just wears out, gets floppy, and cuts in and out of silence mode.

Like I said, you sign a 2 year agreement to get the lower price on the phone and its only built to last a year? Come the f*ck on!

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games