MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

fantasy wishes

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

fantasy wishes

Postby supaunknown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Finished the reg season in 1st place and the playoffs start tonight.

Peyton Manning, please play the whole game and throw at least 3 TDs and over 300 yds.

Wes Welker, please continue doing what you do. Scoring a TD would be a nice bonus too.

Randy Moss, please wake up. I know you're capable. If you score twice I'll try to forget that whole poopin' the football / wiping your ass on the Lambeau goalpost thing. Oh, who am kidding? I'll never forget.

Joshua Cribbs, my young waiver wire pup. Please prove to me that you're worthy of me starting you over the guys who got me here like Sidney Rice, Mike S-M, and Rowdy Roddy White. And that you're the player the Browns are considering offering a huge new contract to.

Adrian Peterson, please run for over a hundred yards and score twice. Don't fumble, homes.

Ray Rice, you are my late round MVP. Keep doing that voodoo that you do so well.

Visanthe Shiancoe, please continue being Favre's fav target in the red zone. I don't care if you only get a few yards receiving so long as you keep scoring TDs.

Lawrence Tynes, can I call you Larry? NY Giants please stall in the red zone and let Larry kick 5 FGs.

Dallas Def, stop sucking and give the Saints an int & fumble-filled blitzkrieg.

Make all this happen this week and next. Thank you.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Re: fantasy wishes

Postby jackisonian » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 pm

I don't fantasize about football players but my wife likes Mark Tauscher we call him "Mama's boyfriend"!
jackisonian
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:55 am

supaunknown wrote:Finished the reg season in 1st place and the playoffs start tonight.

Peyton Manning, please play the whole game and throw at least 3 TDs and over 300 yds.

Wes Welker, please continue doing what you do. Scoring a TD would be a nice bonus too.

Randy Moss, please wake up. I know you're capable. If you score twice I'll try to forget that whole poopin' the football / wiping your ass on the Lambeau goalpost thing. Oh, who am kidding? I'll never forget.

Joshua Cribbs, my young waiver wire pup. Please prove to me that you're worthy of me starting you over the guys who got me here like Sidney Rice, Mike S-M, and Rowdy Roddy White. And that you're the player the Browns are considering offering a huge new contract to.

Adrian Peterson, please run for over a hundred yards and score twice. Don't fumble, homes.

Ray Rice, you are my late round MVP. Keep doing that voodoo that you do so well.

Visanthe Shiancoe, please continue being Favre's fav target in the red zone. I don't care if you only get a few yards receiving so long as you keep scoring TDs.

Lawrence Tynes, can I call you Larry? NY Giants please stall in the red zone and let Larry kick 5 FGs.

Dallas Def, stop sucking and give the Saints an int & fumble-filled blitzkrieg.

Make all this happen this week and next. Thank you.

You're off to a pretty good start. Unless you get credit for return yardage, I'd start Sidney over Cribbs. If there are any defenses available on the waiver wire(Houston/Seattle?), I'd pick 'em up and start them over the Cowboys, who will probably get you next to nothing. Your team is pretty strong; you shouldn't have much to worry about....unless this is an 8 team league.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stomach » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 am

Nothing personal but I pretty much hate your team.
Stomach
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am

Brady to Moss hasn't been as good for me as I had hoped. It's pretty much entirely responsible for my recent cold streak. Started off nice but I've lost like 6 of the last 7 mostly due to those two not producing. My backup plan of Cutler to Hester was pretty much a bust after week one. Vernon Davis has been the most consistent part of my team and that is sad. It's been a year of will they starts and waiver pick ups for me. But hey I'm still on track to win some beer from Boston_Jeff.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:48 pm

O.J. wrote:
supaunknown wrote:Joshua Cribbs, my young waiver wire pup. Please prove to me that you're worthy of me starting you over the guys who got me here like Sidney Rice, Mike S-M, and Rowdy Roddy White. And that you're the player the Browns are considering offering a huge new contract to.

You're off to a pretty good start. Unless you get credit for return yardage, I'd start Sidney over Cribbs. If there are any defenses available on the waiver wire(Houston/Seattle?), I'd pick 'em up and start them over the Cowboys, who will probably get you next to nothing. Your team is pretty strong; you shouldn't have much to worry about....unless this is an 8 team league.

I've used up all 4 of my waiver wire pups for the season, so Dallas is the shitty D I'm stuck with. Now I see that Cribbs was limited in prac this week with a sprained ankle. I'm thinking about swapping his spot for Sidney Rice, but I hate to put so many eggs in one basket (Minn vs Car game). Opinion?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Stomach wrote:Nothing personal but I pretty much hate your team.

Understood. Believe me I've gotten plenty of flak from the other owners regarding my investment in Vikings this year.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:13 pm

supaunknown wrote:I've used up all 4 of my waiver wire pups for the season, so Dallas is the shitty D I'm stuck with. Now I see that Cribbs was limited in prac this week with a sprained ankle. I'm thinking about swapping his spot for Sidney Rice, but I hate to put so many eggs in one basket (Minn vs Car game). Opinion?

I wish I had foreseen Sidney Rice's ascension to the top of the Fantasy WR rankings(he's a consensus Top 15 wideout), as I erroneously targeted Berrian in one of my leagues. Especially in the playoffs, I think you need to start your studs, and I'd definitely start him over Cribbs if it's a standard scoring league. Roddy White would be a possibility, if he wasn't going up against Revis, who is death to opposing receivers.

Good luck with your matchups!
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm

O.J. wrote:
supaunknown wrote:I've used up all 4 of my waiver wire pups for the season, so Dallas is the shitty D I'm stuck with. Now I see that Cribbs was limited in prac this week with a sprained ankle. I'm thinking about swapping his spot for Sidney Rice, but I hate to put so many eggs in one basket (Minn vs Car game). Opinion?

I wish I had foreseen Sidney Rice's ascension to the top of the Fantasy WR rankings(he's a consensus Top 15 wideout), as I erroneously targeted Berrian in one of my leagues. Especially in the playoffs, I think you need to start your studs, and I'd definitely start him over Cribbs if it's a standard scoring league. Roddy White would be a possibility, if he wasn't going up against Revis, who is death to opposing receivers.

Good luck with your matchups!

We do get points for return yardage in our league, otherwise Cribbs would still be waiver bait. Now I see Sid Rice didn't prac cuz he's been ill. Basically I fear that Favre is due for a late season statistical swan dive, especially since Minnesota is so close locking up the #2 seed in the NFC. Decisions ...
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 am

I hope you started Cribbs.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:49 am

My fantasy wish would be that I was still alive in my non-Foron league, where I am on the verge of posting a score that would have beaten every other team in the league, playoff and first-round bye teams included. Starters included Aaron Rodgers, Miles Austin, and Reggie Wayne.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 pm

O.J. wrote:I hope you started Cribbs.

I did. I'm in the Championship Game. Woo!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking