MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

mexican posole stew

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

mexican posole stew

Postby Dennis1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 am

There are a quite large number of restaurants in beverly hills which is one of the sought after tourists spot in the most sophisticated country- the united states of america. The mexican restaurant beverly hills are also one of the prominent restaurats in this popualr tourists spot and many tourists are intrested in eating mexican dishes because of their delicious taste.
The dish which we are about to discuss is a non – vegetarian dish. The mexican cuisine has quite a large number of non – vegetarian dishes and one such sought after dish is the mexican posole stew. This non – vegetarian dish is prepared out from pork. It will take about 10 minutes for prepariang this dishapart from its cooking time.
It will take about two hours and fifty minutes to cook out this yummy dish. In total it will take about three hours to serve this dish as a main dish along with warm tortillas for eating. For preparaing this non – vegeatraian dish you should have a quite few number of ingredients that must be added to make this dish really spicy to taste.
As we know earlier the chief ingredient of this delicious dish is pork. Here we use boneless pork loins which are cute into cubes for cooking properly. Besides using boneless pork, you should also use fried pork skins as well as pig feets too. Salt the universal food ingredients is also used in this food to make it tasty to eat.
Besides these ingredients we also use cans white hominy, drained in this dish. Dried oregano is used. Cloves garlic are used in this dish. These are crushed to give an intense flavouring to the stew. Chopped onions are also added into this dish along with dried red hot chile pepper pods. These are diced into pieces and are added into the dish. These are the chief ingredients of this popular mexican stew.
Dennis1

Re: mexican posole stew

Postby Broadsheet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 pm

The best posole I've found is at Casa del Sol in Fitchburg, the former Casa de Lara. Big bowl of clean food, fresh, crispy ingredients, lots of sides, beefy broth with just a bit of vinegar sourness. A beautiful dish.
Broadsheet
Forum Addict

Postby hintzilla » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I actually just had the pozole at Casa del Sol on Monday night. I'll be back soon and often just for it, mostly because I'm a complete sucker for a good bowl of spicy soup.

hintzilla

Postby Villanelle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm

I love posole, especially in this cold weather. I make it every year after Thanksgiving-- its nice to have something spicy and light after all the mashed potatoes and pecan pie. I moved to madison a couple years ago and havn't tried it at any restaurant, but I do have a really delicious and simple recipe for posole. Traditionally, you can top your bowl of soup w/ fresh chopped cilantro, onion, cabbage, jalapenos, and you ofcourse have to squeeze fresh lime on top of that right before digging in.

turkey breast or pork (1 1/2 - 2 lbs.)
salt
1 onion
6 cloves of garlic
4 tsp. chili powder
2tsp. oregano
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans golden hominy (15 oz. ) drained
pepper

toppings to add to soup:
cabbage
lime
jalapeno
cilantro
avocado
chives

Sprinkle turkey/pork with salt. Medium high heat, brown meat for 5 mins. on each side. Add onions, garlic, oregano and chili. Add broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 1.5 hrs. Take out turkey/pork to cool and then shred. Add hominy to broth, add shredded turkey/pork to soup, heat up and enjoy, season and sprinkle with your toppings in serving bowls!
Villanelle

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews