MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, November 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 48.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

great movie...or The Greatest Movie?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

great movie...or The Greatest Movie?

Postby crevice beatle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 pm

crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Re: great movie...or The Greatest Movie?

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

Great at best, if that's what you're asking based off the that preview. I imagine John Cusak is the lead, which could be trouble based on the way he's been phoning it in for the last decade.
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Re: great movie...or The Greatest Movie?

Postby MadMind75 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have to see that. It looks funny, and just a plain old good time.

It's almost as if John Cusack is revisiting his character Lane Meyer from 1985's Better Off Dead, going back to the ski resort.
I was surprised to read that Cusack hated Better Off Dead, and told the director “You know, you tricked me. Better Off Dead was the worst thing I have ever seen. I will never trust you as a director ever again, so don’t speak to me.”
It broke director Savage Steve Holland's heart (also of One Crazy Summer starring Cusack) and made him not care about movies anymore.
Cusack; “The director wanted to do absurdist comedy and that’s just not the thing I like to do.”
I guess Cusack thought he was above the material. Cusack is said not to ever talk about Better Off Dead or One Crazy Summer, even though those films played a big part in introducing Cusack to the world.

I'm going to assume, hopefully, that he's wised up and gotten over himself - since he is starring in a movie about a "Hot Tub Time Machine", since that's a premise about as absurd as they come.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Return to Movies