MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 54.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Bruno

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Bruno

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 pm

So I haven't seen it and I'm SHOCKED no one here has posted any kind of review. Someone out there tell me why I can't wait for this on video. I just need the tiniest little shove to check it out this weekend.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bruno

Postby Huckleby » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 pm

There are lots of clips of it on youtube. It looks kinda stale to me, the mincing ferry character is as old as the hills.

(What's that BBC sitcom about the effeminate man working in a department store? Bruno looks about that funny.)

Sorry to jack your thread, but did anybody see "The Hangover"? I heard it was funny, saw it tonight, and boy was it violent, gross and bad. I left after an hour and wish I had the decisiveness to leave after half an hour.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:04 am

i talked about bruno on a different thread, maybe the moon thread.
i laughed a lot thought it was maybe a better movie than borat. both were better as part of the tv show.

agree about hangover, way way way overrated.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bigredhunk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 pm

So I'm not alone on "The Hangover." I liked it. I thought it was funny. I just don't think it deserves all the hype & praise. Overrated.
Bigredhunk
Forum Addict

Postby Huckleby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Bigredhunk wrote:So I'm not alone on "The Hangover." I liked it. I thought it was funny. I just don't think it deserves all the hype & praise. Overrated.

I probably would have liked it much more if I wasn't expecting it to be good, nothing like high expectations to ruin a comedy. Or maybe I was in the wrong mood for that type of humor.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Huckleby wrote:
Bigredhunk wrote:So I'm not alone on "The Hangover." I liked it. I thought it was funny. I just don't think it deserves all the hype & praise. Overrated.

I probably would have liked it much more if I wasn't expecting it to be good, nothing like high expectations to ruin a comedy. Or maybe I was in the wrong mood for that type of humor.

I don't know about mood - but man was it superhyped. I thought it was GOOD - and I was frustrated about the publicity.

Zach carried the movie.

Bruno was not as good as Borat imo - everyone is on to him now. I thought it was poorly strung together, but I laughed enough through the second half of the film to make up for the rough pacing. Like Borat - it's just a bunch of gags strung together. Borat did a better job of stringing them together.

I thought Bruno would go after the fashion industry more - but maybe he burned all those bridges on Ali G?
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

:)
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Movies