MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Overcast with Haze
Collapse Photo Bar

TDS Outage/slowdown

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Re: TDS Outage/slowdown

Postby lukpac » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:00 pm

No word yet, but it appears they did something last night. My connection reset just before 1, and today I've been getting around 1 meg downstream, which is better than it has been in a few weeks.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadDad202 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:53 pm

I noticed a change also. At about 3pm today I actually got close to 4Mpbs down. The behavior lately has been that it would be super slow all day and night, and then it would be fast again for a while after I woke up in the morning until about 9:00am. Then it would fluctuate anywhere in the range from .33Mbps to just under 1Mbps throughout the next 12 hours or so.

I called support again to ask for a status update, and they said that there still was no indication in the ticket that they were on track to have it fixed by tomrrow.

Right now at ~8pm I am getting 1.48 Mbps down.
MadDad202

Postby JonathanB » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:38 pm

Better at my house too, in fact best speeds I've had in a month. Checked it several times this evening, and download speeds ranged from 1.4 to 2.0mbps. Before today I was lucky if I got more than .45mbps.
JonathanB

Postby MadDad202 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm

As of Friday 2/12 things were working at full speed again. I did get a robo call from TDS saying the problem should be resolved now.

I just got off the phone with TDS support to request a credit for the degraded service from 1/16 - 2/12. They were great about it and credited me a full month- $45.

They did say that they are doing some finalizing of that maintenance work so there might be some periods of slowness over the next few days. So far I haven't noticed it if there have been any.
MadDad202

Previous

Return to Technology & Video Games