Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Celebration of American Distilling

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Celebration of American Distilling

Postby Endo Rockstar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 am

whew, The Celebration of Ameican Distilling
http://www.madisonmaltsociety.com/

so as the 3rd cup of coffee, the tums, the multivitamin, and the 6 asprin I took this morning have started to take effect.....did anyone else go to the edgewater last night for this event?

I want to start going down the list of things that blew me away, but I'm still a bit groggy.

First impression stand-outs where:

Templeton Rye

Tito's (which I've had many times before, but put head to head against so many other really impressed me.

Koval: Illinois organic and kosher distillery, amazing amazing amazing liqeurs, including a "Rose hip" a "Jazmine" and a "Pear" liqeur that the blew me a away.

Rogue House of Spirits: Dead Guy wiskey: f*cking awesome! From the Rogue brewing company, a newer spirits division they've started.

AEppelTreow Distilling: Fortified cherry, apple, and pear wines, and a barrel sample of their new apple brandy. I usually hate fruity stuff, but the flavor and complexity of this guys stuff was outstanding...door county wine should be put on notice =)

There's more, but I need more coffee. Anyone else have thoughts?

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Celebration of American Distilling

Postby juanton » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 pm

A guy in my band went. He called in sick for rehearsal tonight.

I imagine it was pretty awesome.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

I don't have the chops for a night of straight-up booze tasting, so I'm glad Robin took the bullet (Bulleit?) for Team Isthmus. Here's hoping he's feeling all right today.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=28261
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby babelfish » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm

I'd like to know when the next one is, it sounds right up my alley.

I have had Rogue Dead Guy Ale, and I would love to try their Dead Guy Whiskey...can it be found anywhere in WI?
babelfish

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 pm

babelfish wrote:I'd like to know when the next one is, it sounds right up my alley.

I have had Rogue Dead Guy Ale, and I would love to try their Dead Guy Whiskey...can it be found anywhere in WI?

Star was displaying it (but not serving) at the Beer and Chese Fest. I don't know firsthand of anywhere else.

Take the date for this last one, and add one to the year. Place on tentative schedule, and wait.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:38 pm

babelfish wrote:I'd like to know when the next one is, it sounds right up my alley.

Star Liquors sells it.

I'm not sure of the exact cost, but it's a little pricey. I bought it as a part of a random "I want that, and that, and that, and that..." spree that was done without looking at prices and had a minor shock at the cost when it was all rung up. I'm gonna guess that it's $45-$50.
Petro
Forum Addict

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails