MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 33.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Who actually PAID the Public Enemies extras?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Who actually PAID the Public Enemies extras?

Postby slowpogo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm having some tax issues - long story, but I found out my state tax return from last year was screwed up. I need to obtain my W2 information for 2008.

I was cast as an extra in Public Enemies, and made about $130 doing it, so I need that W2. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore and I cannot for the life of me remember who actually wrote the check - that is, who I need to contact to get a copy of that W2.

Any extras on the board here who remember what group paid them? I know it was basically Universal Pictures who paid us, but their name wasn't on the check - it was some sub-entity, of which I'm sure they have many.

Joan Philo's horrible, outdated website is apparently gone now (I doubt I'd have any luck trying to contact her), so I have no other choice but to ask around, it seems.
slowpogo

Re: Who actually PAID the Public Enemies extras?

Postby Peanutbutter » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 am

Some of the local stagehands worked on the movie. One of them might be able to tell you what is the actual name of the company.

http://www.iatse251.com/
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Go thru the IRS. They were able to get me the info for past W2's my employers sent them.

Wouldn't think you'd have to claim the $130 though?
Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby slowpogo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks..unfortunately, while the IRS can send you *federal* W2 information, they do not retain the state information. I have requested it though and can probably figure out what the state withholding should be based on the W2's I have that do have state info.

I could probably not claim it and nobody would ever know or care...even if they did notice the consequences would not be great, probably. But better safe than sorry.
slowpogo

Postby peripat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152836/companycredits

Includes a list of all their vendors...maybe something will look familiar?
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby raw-tracks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 am

It was more than likely a form 1099-MISC that you were sent, not a W-2. Are you sure they even sent you any tax statement? More often than not, 1099-MISC forms are not sent for payments under $600.
raw-tracks
Forum Addict

Postby slowpogo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 pm

I actually found it in a very unexpected place! I thought it was long gone. It was a W2 they sent me - "CAPS, INC." is the company's name. According to a person I spoke with at Wis. Dept. of Revenue, it is necessary to claim all income, even $130.

Anyway, I have all I need now. Thanks for all your replies.
slowpogo

Return to Movies