MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Jovian Taphaus Grill

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Jovian Taphaus Grill

Postby radtek » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:58 pm

I couldn't see that anyone posted on this place yet, other than it changed names. It used to be Cloud 9.

We have ate there a few times now and been very happy with service and food. The fish fry is delicious. I've tried the fried and baked, with both being equally good. Their french fries are the best I've ever had I think! They make their own salad dressings on site. Love the ranch! It has a slight kick to it. I tried the seafood tacos (which is not seafood it's fish) and they were fantastic. Our dining partners had steak and pork and were very pleased. The portions are decent and everything seems fresh.

They appear to be doing a good business. We stopped by on Friday night and it was over an hour wait. They have a RHM (right hand man) that tries to visit every table to ensure a good experience. Plus, they actually let you sit upstairs if you request it! ( unlike Cloud 9 )

http://www.joviantaphaus.com/
radtek

Re: Jovian Taphaus Grill

Postby eriedasch » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Finally tried Jovian last friday for fish. No baked cod, but they did offer a grilled tuna steak which the wife ordered and I got the fried cod. We shared our sides and tasted eachother's fish. Both tuna and cod were very good. Of the sides my favorite was the green bean casserole. Followed by the fries and coleslaw. Mashed potatoes would have been better if served a little warmer. Appetizer of cheese curds were excellent, almost as good as curds from the Old Fashioned. The ranch with the curds and all of their sauces (i.e. tarter) were supposed to be handmade and tasted like it.

We went about 8:30p and not very busy. Maybe two other tables in the upstairs area. Also advertised live music at 8p every friday and saturday, but nothing going on at close to 10p when we left.

Good attentive waitstaff, helping eachother out, but to be expected when that slow.

I'm sure we'll go back.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby coldspotter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:24 pm

What were the fish-fry prices? Overall pricing? Is there any type of steak sandwich?
coldspotter

Postby donges » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm

coldspotter wrote:What were the fish-fry prices? Overall pricing? Is there any type of steak sandwich?

A click to View Menu off the link two posts up:
http://www.joviantaphaus.com/menu.php
donges
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews