MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Madison Sourdough Co.

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Madison Sourdough Co.

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Rabble, I don't know what's up your butt, but with that last snide comment you've made it very clear that you don't know who you're mad at. Ducatista was anti-STFU sentiment, while I was what you might call pro.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Rabble, I don't know what's up your butt, but with that last snide comment you've made it very clear that you don't know who you're mad at. Ducatista was anti-STFU sentiment, while I was what you might call pro.

I'm mad at the person who made somebody stfu because she didn't like what he said. That's the wrong story?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Who made whom do anything here? We're all grown-ups.

Except you, maybe. This temper tantrum is unbecoming.

Anyhoo, I'll be stopping at MSCo for a loaf on the way home today, hopefully.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon May 24, 2010 2:03 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Who made whom do anything here? We're all grown-ups.

Except you, maybe. This temper tantrum is unbecoming.

Okay, I'll stfu. It's much nicer in here now that we don't have any damn business owners responding to threads anyway. That just takes attention away from you and duc. Can't have that.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Lordy, rabble. I didn't mind what MSC guy said. In fact, it looked to me as though he didn't intend to come off as defensive, but did (to me), twice. That's the sort of thing I'd want to hear, preferably from somebody who's already posted in my favor (as I had in his), so I piped up, rather gently.

No different from you calling me out on what you perceive as my shit, right? I'm more confrontational than many on TDP, not as boorish as some, and that's just the way it goes on a forum. Not sure why your goat's been got so badly. Wasn't my intent, but I'm not losing any sleep over it, either.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Goober McTuber » Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Nah, it's probably just best that you avoid kulgar. His brand of bizarre, nitpicky, label-crazy critique defies most attempts at rational discussion.

I thought your response was fine--responsive with just a touch of STFU, and even if that was interpreted rather than inherent, I'm still fine with it.

2nd.
Goober McTuber
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Ducatista wrote:No different from you calling me out on what you perceive as my shit, right?

Except that I don't care if you or Book ever come back, and I was hoping we'd get the MSC owner in here regularly. If you hadn't "piped up" he'd still be here. That's all.

If I came off as angry, snide, snarky and pissed, that's what I was trying for. And I don't much care if you and Book don't like it.

And now I WILL stfu so you and Book can get your last words in.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon May 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I liked his post just fine, and said so. Don't know why you're pissed at me.

GBCW!
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 pm

rabble wrote:If I came off as angry, snide, snarky and pissed, that's what I was trying for.

You didn't, not by my standards. A little fixated, maybe.

If you're burnt up about MSC's departure, why not ask him back? I'll bet his contact info's on the MSC site, or you could ask him in person next time you pop in for a baguette. (I'd better add: I'm serious, not just poking.)
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Lohrentz » Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 am

Hi there. That was an interesting discussion. I really didn't mind anything that was posted.

More than anything else I don't want members here to think I was stalking online discussions of our company or posting here just to sell people.

We understand that no business can be all things to all people and that there will always be people who will not like the way that things are done. Sometimes those dislikes are an indication where an improvement can be made that almost everyone will appreciate; other times those dislikes are just a preference choice that you'd prefer not to change or you'll end up with even more people that don't like the modification.
David Lohrentz

Postby Ducatista » Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 am

Ahhh, welcome back! Sorry for the fracas.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm

I just love happy endings.
donges
Forum God/Goddess

Morning bun, tofu brat....

Postby kulgar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Golly, go into a morning bun induced diabetic coma for a few weeks and you miss all the fun.

I sincerely appreciate the owner of MSC responding, wish more owners would follow and post, and welcome his input. But that doesn't answer the question of why if you put in 50% less ingredients and 65% less labor, that you charge 10% more than the authentic bun four blocks down Willy St. I work around the corner and will give you several more chances, but if I wanted nuts and caramel I'd go to Batch and get their sticky bun that was also mislabelled.

And bookpolice, while you've been so polite in our offline emails, you trash me over common definitions? Maybe in San Francisco you would be OK with ordering a "brat" and be served chopped walnuts and tofu in a plastic asing on pita bread, but in Wisconsin? Don't you have any standards? A "morning bun" in Madison after, to paraphrase McBurger's, "millions sold", is by definition what LaBrioche and Lazy Jane's serve up, not what Copps and every other lazy baker try to brand as an MB. Or do you think "crab" can be made out of soybeans?

NO, Ovens didn't invent it or trademark or copyright it but the normal perception of an MB in Madison is not what MSC is serving at an outrageous price. And if it's too big to finish, share it or wrap it up and take it home to quell the munchies at 1AM....
kulgar
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:12 pm

kulgar, you seem to be the only one who's so certain about this definition. That's why it's bizarre. But I didn't intend to "trash" you, and I'm sorry that it came across that way.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kittenwithawhip » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:32 am

I stopped bt MSD this morning to get some breakfast to go. Husband's out of town for a while and I forget to do things like shower and buy food when he is gone. So after getting ready for work, leaving the house late and hungry, I stopped there and asked what I could get fast and to go. They made me a hot oatmeal with balsamic macerated berries in under 5 minutes and it was delicious! Broke the rules and ate it at my desk. I wish I had more time to try some of the other items on the menu!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews