MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What's your 2010 travel plans?

We want to hear about your adventures, be they from Istanbul, Ixtapa or Ixonia. And hey, you might even find someone you can sell your extra Euros to.

Re: What's your 2010 travel plans?

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Just came in from the beach after watching the sun set over La Isla De Tiburon. The brown pelicans were cruising up and down the beach's edge like some kind of avian shore patrol.

I'm about to go to the ice box and grab a cold Pacifico. This was a very good idea.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Marvell wrote:Just came in from the beach after watching the sun set over La Isla De Tiburon. The brown pelicans were cruising up and down the beach's edge like some kind of avian shore patrol.

I'm about to go to the ice box and grab a cold Pacifico. This was a very good idea.

Did you feel the earthquake Schwinner?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Feel it?

He caused it.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby beenie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Heading back home on Thursday for a mini-SB, South Shore friends Thurs, poker in Boston Fri, North Shore family Saturday, Opening Day at Fenway vs. Yanks on Sunday, Cambridge on Monday.

And the Sox win! Wish I could be in NY tonight for opening night at Citi Field (almost typed Shea).

Travel plans for this year include a solo trip to NY for a family function over the summer, but that's all so far. Maybe a possible weekend in Door County in the fall, but likely nothing more.
beenie
Forum Addict

Postby O.J. » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 am

snoqueen wrote:Feel it?

He caused it.

Has anyone ever seen Marvell and Deepak Chopra in the same room together?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/c ... 2F19426755
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Contrary to rumor, I am neither Deepak Chopra nor the giant carp who lives under Japan and whose movements are the cause of the earthquakes.

Also, Ned Flanders is a sub-juvenile cretin who embarrasses himself every time he opens his festering vomit-hole.

But then, you all knew that already.

PS - Happiness is being able to pick ripe kumquats right from the tree for breakfast.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Great trip to Beantown for SB! Jeff wins poker, Sox win Opening Day, great weather, food, fun.

Today, I booked tickets to Seoul for early June conference with a 4-day stopover on the return in Tokyo. While I'm working my wife gets to explore Seoul, but I am off in Tokyo, should be fun. A little worried about the language gap but we should be OK. Anybody that has any recos re: traveling/touring in either place, holler!
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 pm

:evil:
boston_jeff wrote:While I'm working my wife ...
For lack of comma, this it too much information.

(They're free!)
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 am

Marvell wrote:Contrary to rumor, I am neither Deepak Chopra nor the giant carp who lives under Japan and whose movements are the cause of the earthquakes.

Also, Ned Flanders is a sub-juvenile cretin who embarrasses himself every time he opens his festering vomit-hole.

But then, you all knew that already.

PS - Happiness is being able to pick ripe kumquats right from the tree for breakfast.

Are there any bike paths on La Isla De Tiburon? If so, local drug lords and troublemakers better watch their backs.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Are there any bike paths on La Isla De Tiburon? If so, local drug lords and troublemakers better watch their backs.

???

I realize that this was intended to be some kind of insult, but even given your pathetic standards of rhetorical competency this makes absolutely zero sense.

On the other hand, it's nice to see that your store of personal fail remains illimitable.

Fail on, Ned. Can't hide the failing anymore!!!
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby n0mid0 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 am

My brothers and I are going to Bali next month and then we continue the trip to South Korea and Hong kong.

It would be our long summer holiday.

Postby boston_jeff » Fri May 28, 2010 10:40 am

Forgot to mention my trip two weekends ago to SF, good times. Saw Lincecum pitch a gem on a beautiful Saturday, tandem biked from North Beach to the Golden Gate bridge, visited family in Marin, went to SFMoMA, and ate some great food. I could easily live in SF.

3 days until I fly out of Chicago to Seoul for 6, then Tokyo for 4. Any last minute foron advice or recos? Trying not to be anxious re: N/S Korea tensions and language/cultural barriers...
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Sun May 30, 2010 10:10 am

As it turns out, I'm scheduled to come back to Madison for a conference the last week of July. Anything interesting going on then?
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby persia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 am

Visiting friends in Sedona, maybe see the Grand Canyon and a few other sites near by.
persia
Forum Addict

Postby SlideSF » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 am

Times are tough, so I will mostly be taking small local trips on my motorcycle this year - Mendocino coast, Sierra foothills, maybe a little camping in the mountains.

My biggest trip will be 10 days in Madison over Labor Day for my sister's wedding. Looking forward to it!
SlideSF

PreviousNext

Return to Travel