MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

2010 Brewers

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Number of Zaun Double Plays

10?
No votes
20?
No votes
40?
No votes
1000+?
100%

Total votes : 1

Re: 2010 Brewers

Postby fisticuffs » Thu May 27, 2010 9:35 am

Not according to Doug Melvin. He's comfortable with what we got. I agree though an upgrade there is needed but not as badly as our starting rotation.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Tonight's lineup:

Weeks
Braun
Fielder
McGehee
Hart
Gomez
Kottaras
Gallardo
Escobar

Braun batting second and Gallardo in the eight-hole??? Macha has got to go.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:05 pm

A little shakeup now and then isn't all bad. I personally like the pitcher in the 8 hole especially if you've got a speedy guy in the 9 spot leading into the 1. Could spark a rally but so could batting the pitcher in the 6 spot for anyone knows on any given night. Hart and McGehee have been as solid this year as Braun and Fielder in previous years. Braun's not a bad 2 at all.

Bigger question when are we ditching Fielder and for whom? He hasn't been helping himself much this year if he wants that monster contract.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Fielder has historically been a slow starter, but yeah, this year he's been struggling. I've got faith in him to get into crusher groove soon. He's too good to keep down.

It's nice to see Corey Hart swinging the bat so well.

Fire Melvin and Macha.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm

I fail to see how having your best hitter bat second, nor having your pitcher hit eighth(increasing the chances of killing a rally), gives your team the best chance to win. It's a classic case of overmanaging. It will be interesting to see if LaRussa one-ups Macha by batting Pujols leadoff.

The Brewers don't have a heck of a lot of leverage with Prince. For a variety of reasons, I don't see the Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, Tigers, Mets, Phillies, Cards or Cubs having much interest. Maybe Seattle or San Fran? Not many other teams could afford his contract; maybe the White Sox can dump some salary and make a run at him. I haven't heard either team mentioned before, but it would be cool to see Washington and Baltimore bid against each other for the upper hand in that market.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 pm

In what should be a day of celebration for Forons, the Brewers finally dumped Jeff Suppan, eating the remaining 10M in salary just to say goodbye.

Bummer that a good guy could be so frustratingly ineffective. With the way Loe, Axsford, and Braddocks are pitching, no need to keep around a charity case (there is still one of them hanging around).
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Postby minicat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 am

Today they're supposed to announce their "plan" for the pitching staff from here on out. Unless the "plan" includes either Macha or Peterson leaving (or, better yet, both), it will probably not be much of a good idea.

Going on past Macha "plans" I'm betting it includes making Trevor Hoffman a starter and Gallardo the closer.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking