MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

What a tool

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

What a tool

Postby roadkill bill » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow. Not only does he have quite the sense of entitlement, but he calls a former ally and friend "Dick Cheney" in a district that is so blue, you can only find red during Badger games.

Hulsey usually has the smooth sound bite at the ready (a bit too smooth for many people), but this was not one of his better moments.
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What a tool

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Sorry, this is a threadjack, but your headline also works for the next story down in that link about McD's desire to move to the East Side Shopping Center parking lot and the neighborhoods hesitation.

From the article:

" Dan Melton, president of the Schenk-Atwood-Starkweather-Yahara Neighborhood Association, says some residents see McDonald's as not quite fitting in.

"A lot of neighbors here wouldn't dream of going to a McDonald's," he says. "I'm 61 years old, and I haven't been to one since high school. We get our food from [Willy Street Food Coop] and Jenifer Street Market. But that's not how everyone lives."

Shut the fuck up you smug prick. I don't eat there either but they've been in the neighborhood a lot longer than most. That shopping center needs all the help it can get.

I've gotta go to one of these SASY meetings sometime just to take in all the righteousness.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:31 pm

I had the same reaction when I read that person's quote. I find 'hippie snooty' as offensive as 'country club snooty', with the added possibility that the old hippie also smells bad*.

*sorry, but those tea tree & rock deodorants they peddle at the coops don't cut the mustard, so to speak.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:08 pm

It makes more sense to me for McDs to move into a empty store front in the mall instead of taking parking space in front of the library and public health office. Or maybe they are planning to move into the parking area to the east in front of Blockbuster etal.

Have fun at the next SASY meeting.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:09 am

Madsci wrote:It makes more sense to me for McDs to move into a empty store front in the mall instead of taking parking space in front of the library and public health office. Or maybe they are planning to move into the parking area to the east in front of Blockbuster etal.

They are planning it for the parking area in front of Blockbuster.

A storefront location would cost them a drive-thru, but their proposed plan creates what may be the most inconvenient drive-thru route I've ever seen. (Sorry, all I have is a PDF, which I can't upload.)
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:55 am

mrak wrote:...their proposed plan creates what may be the most inconvenient drive-thru route I've ever seen.

McD's at Greenway Station already has that honor I'm afraid, but they make up for it by being the most efficient McD's I've ever drove thru. 95% of the time the guy is literally hanging out the window with my food by the time I get there.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com