MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Google Vs. Facebook - Google's New Social Networking Site

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

Google Vs. Facebook - Google's New Social Networking Site

Postby Remember_Me » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:45 pm

I suppose it was only a matter of time really.

(CNN) -- If online reports are to be believed, Google could be cooking up a rival for Facebook -- and bringing the maker of popular social games like "FarmVille" with them.

Google Games, built around some sort of partnership with casual-gaming company Zynga, is in the works and would be part of a larger social network called Google Me, according to technology blog Tech Crunch.

Statements from notable internet players, including Digg founder Kevin Rose and a former Facebook chief technical officer, have suggested in recent weeks that the search-engine giant is working on a social network geared toward rivaling Facebook.

TechCrunch this weekend reported that unnamed sources said Google has invested between $100 and $200 million in Zynga, the maker of successful online social games like "FarmVille" and "Mafia Wars."

The investment part of the deal was confirmed last month and a "larger strategic project" is still in the works, according to that report.

Read More...
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games