MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
shriners
Friday, August 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Thunderstorm Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, Middleton wi

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, Middleton wi

Postby Lorenzo61 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

I went to this restaurant for the first time with my girlfriend last night.
We had the "special" Blackened Halibut with wild rice, and house salad. It was a dark atmosphere, with no ambiance at all, the waiter was below average, and didn't listen to what we said either, he was like he was following a script. As for the Halibut, it was overcooked, over seasoned, and dry. The wild rice was tasteless, and also overcooked. The house salad was small, and bland. In all the restaurant was not impressive. With one drink and the meal we had it cost us $80. What a disappointment! My grade for Johnny's Italian steakhouse is an - F
Recommend,that you stay away!
Lorenzo61

Re: Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, Middleton wi

Postby okiebp » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I have eaten there a number of times and never had a a bad meal.
Very odd.
okiebp

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

I had a great lunch there once and an awful dinner another time. The dinner was a pretty big group but everyone's food came out cold. Lunch was much more reasonably priced and I like the focacia and olive oil. Decent espresso as well. I'd give it another shot if someone suggested it but probably wouldn't make a point of going there myself.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AaronTheSnob » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

I've had lunch there once and dinner twice and thought it was very pleasant and the food was good...not spectacular, but certainly better than most. Not sure where the "no ambience" comes from. During my visits, they were playing great Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald and Mel Torme tunes, lots of 40's memorabilia on the walls, etc. It is kind of dark, yes, but I think that adds to the ambience they are trying to create. I find the original review odd as well.
AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews