MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

If you loved Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

If you loved Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Postby kittenwithawhip » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Rifftrax Live is coming to theatres nationwide tomorrow!

If you were a fan of MST3K, you'll be overjoyed to see Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett and the irrepressible Kevin Murphy back in the saddle, this time to take on "Reefer Madness" Originally made in 1936, this low budget cinematic bomb tells the tragic story of innocent teens Jimmy, Bill and Mary whose lives are turned upside down by the demon weed. (Sound familiar?) In an event beamed LIVE across the country, the evening will also feature three new shorts (which Mr Murphy declares the most bizarre ones he has ever seen) as well as two original video shorts from Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka from Something Awful. Plus digital goodies for all attendies!

If you are in Madison, catch the show at Point Cinemas on Thursday August 19 at 7 pm, with a rebroadcast on Tuesday August 24. Click the link for online tix at a theatre near you!

http://www.fathomevents.com/comedy/series/rifftraxreeferseries.aspx

Hope to see you there!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Re: If you loved Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Postby wallrock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 pm

I liked the "Plan 9" live Rifftrax but I wasn't exactly excited to hear they were doing "Reefer Madness" next. I've got friends that think it's absolutely hilarious but I don't find it that funny. Granted, that's what the riffing is for...
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you loved Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Postby kittenwithawhip » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Yes that IS what the riffing is for! I don't think you will be dissappointed.
And due to the very short run time of the actual film, the 2 original and 3 very odd shorts have been added to keep you refreshed and amused. I've been told they're a treat!

And if you are a long picture kind of guy, October 28th will bring the live riffing of "The House on Haunted Hill"!
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Return to Movies