MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Piranha 3D

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Piranha 3D

Postby AaronTheSnob » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am

I'm a sucker for this kind of shit. Looks like great (bloody) fun!
What's not to love?? Richard Dreyfuss!! Elizabeth Shue!!! Jerry O'Connell (dick and all)!!! Lots of gorgeous and hunky college kids on spring break getting chewed to pieces by prehistoric piranhas!

Opening tomorrow...trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5_4gZ0Jn4
AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Piranha 3D

Postby rrnate » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am

I'm pretty stoked about this movie too. Have you seen other movies by Alex Aja before?

I really liked High Tension and was so-so on the Hills Have Eyes remake, but this looks pretty awesome.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 pm

rrnate wrote:I'm pretty stoked about this movie too. Have you seen other movies by Alex Aja before?

I really liked High Tension and was so-so on the Hills Have Eyes remake, but this looks pretty awesome.

I didn't realize it was the same person who did High Tension. That movie was crazy. I'll definitely have to see this.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 pm

high tension is garbage, and it's his best film by far. fuck piranha 3D. a true snob would stick with the '78 john sayles version. aaron, change your fucking name.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 pm

depinmad wrote:high tension is garbage, and it's his best film by far. fuck piranha 3D. a true snob would stick with the '78 john sayles version. aaron, change your fucking name.

What would you compare to it that you like. Just curious.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 pm

high tension? well a much better recent french shocker is INSIDE. even MARTYRS is better than high tension. high tension has a plot twist so ludicrous it makes the entire movie irrelevant.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am

depinmad wrote:high tension? well a much better recent french shocker is INSIDE. even MARTYRS is better than high tension. high tension has a plot twist so ludicrous it makes the entire movie irrelevant.

Incorrect - Inside is so very ridiculous. It actually turned me off of French horror movies for a while, just because of the awful acting and goofy plotting.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 pm

rrnate wrote:
depinmad wrote:high tension? well a much better recent french shocker is INSIDE. even MARTYRS is better than high tension. high tension has a plot twist so ludicrous it makes the entire movie irrelevant.

correct - high tension is so very ridiculous. It actually turned me off of French horror movies for a while, just because of the awful acting and goofy plotting.

fixt
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Just watched Inside. Holy crap was that a fucked up movie. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't know if it was that much better than High Tension, but I still liked it a lot. I guess it shows my movie tastes.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Movies