MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Shinji Muramoto's Anniversary Week

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Shinji Muramoto's Anniversary Week

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm

8/23-29: First trip to a Muramoto restaurant gets you a stamp. A trip to a different Muramoto restaurant gets you another stamp, and 20% off your bill. Visiting the third and final Muramoto restaurant before the end of the week gets you 50% off your bill there.

Pretty nice deal, especially if you plot it out right. Phase 1 (The Haze) was tonight for me. We'll hit Sushi Muramoto later this week for lunch, and then dinner at Restaurant Muramoto over the weekend.

For the record, the Western ribs were great, the Eastern short rib special were nearly as good, the tomato salad and cole slaw were terrific, and the beans were completely forgettable. The place was pretty full.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Shinji Muramoto's Anniversary Week

Postby Athena » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 am

I can't convince my husband to do this. He's still upset over the New Year's Tasting menu. 2 of the 5 courses were great, one was good, but the other two had us up in the middle of the night with a most horrid aftertaste. I keep trying to remind him of all the good meals we've had off the regular menu but he's not up for even one of Muramoto's restaurants, let alone all three in a week.

Haze-Sushi-Restaurant definitely seems like the right order. I wonder if Restaurant is all booked up for the end of the week.
Athena
Forum Addict

Postby awestra » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Athena wrote:
Haze-Sushi-Restaurant definitely seems like the right order.

That's the order I'm doing them in. Haze and Sushi, Restaurant coming up next. So far everything has been great. The Haze seemed busier then normal last night. Sushi tonight seemed as busy as normal.
awestra
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:23 am

Had lunch at Sushi M. yesterday. Crab cakes were nice as always, and the pan roasted walleye had turned into skatewing prepared the same way. Skate's been on my radar for a while, but this was my (unexpected) first encounter. It's a bizarre piece of fish, but tasty.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Cooking & Food issues