MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
shriners
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Orpheum: Theater for Schmucks

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Orpheum: Theater for Schmucks

Postby JNiemeyer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Warning: Before purchasing your ticket to see a movie at The Orpheum, you better ask "Is there any problem with the movie print or projector?" My husband and I paid to see "Dinner for Schmucks". We knew that it was in the utility closet they call a theater (aka The Stage Door) but we figured we could ignore the ambiance (or lack of it) and enjoy the movie. When the credits started to roll at the beginning of the movie, the focus went in and out. A few minutes into the movie the focus continued to be an issue, so I went to the box office and asked if someone could correct the problem. The young man up front said that he knew there was an issue with the movie print, not the projector, and there was nothing he could do about it. Well, I wasn't about to sit through an entire movie like that so I asked for a refund. Nope...but he would gladly give me a Bucky Book, BYGO coupon. Thanks, but no thanks. We won't be giving the Orpheum our business ever again.
Julie Niemeyer
JNiemeyer

Re: Orpheum: Theater for Schmucks

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Wow, that sucks- thanks for sharing. I'm all for trying to support local businesses, but the theater aspect of the Orpheum should just give up.
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Re: Orpheum: Theater for Schmucks

Postby rabble » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 pm

How much was the show, and what's a bygo coupon?

I just tried to find out at the orpheum website. They don't list prices and when I tried to find one by using the "order online" link I ended up at an untrusted certificate and ticket prices of $0.00 for every show.

Huh.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Movies