MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Doomed restaurants

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Doomed restaurants

Postby c02 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 pm

"Visions" and "Doubling" and "Size" all in the same statement. There is a joke in there for someone more adept than I.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm

MadMind75 wrote:If that's the case, maybe Visions could finally get the new location they've been looking for? They could take over that whole strip mall doubling their size!

Seriously, what's the appeal with strippers? What is attractive about paying for attention from women who make poor choices and have low self-esteem who make a living from dysfunctional men who are incapable of attracting attention from women for free?

This reminds me of a couple of lines from "Community":

Shirley: Guys, guys! Did you know that I actually have a civil case against that bitch who stole my husband?

Jeff: Shirley, don't sue the stripper.

Shirley: Why not?

Jeff: She's a stripper. Life sued her and she lost.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Average Joe wrote:Seriously, what's the appeal with strippers?

It's actually all just a ploy to irritate people like yourself 8)
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:59 pm

MadMind75 wrote:It's actually all just a ploy to irritate people like yourself

You're confusing pity mixed with a heaping dose of condescending disgust with irritation.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Average Joe wrote:Seriously, what's the appeal with strippers?

It's a power play. The more opportunites men are given to objectify women as nothing more than sex objects, the more we can deny them equal rights & the more power we gain over them. Then, one day, female waitresses at EVERY restaurant will have to be attractive and work nude. One day all I'll have to do is look, point and motion for a woman to come hither, and she will automatically know to strip down, get on the nearest stripper pole (which will be systematically placed in public display from coast to coast, north to south) and dance for me. Then from that point I decide whether or not to grace her with my disco stick.

What? I thought it was obvious? But I digress.[/sarcasm]
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:40 pm

No do-overs. Your first reply stands, the second will not count towards your final grade.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:43 am

MadMind75 wrote:One day all I'll have to do is look, point and motion for a woman to come hither, and she will automatically know to strip down, get on the nearest stripper pole (which will be systematically placed in public display from coast to coast, north to south) and dance for me. Then from that point I decide whether or not to grace her with my disco stick.
[/sarcasm]

OK- you know how when a young woman goes missing/is found assualted and dead and people think of you? Or there's a shooting at a fitness center by a disgruntled lonely man who cannot relate to women, and people automatically think of you? Or why you've never been able to have a female relationship??THIS IS WHY.
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:56 pm

evansvillehousewife wrote:
MadMind75 wrote:One day all I'll have to do is look, point and motion for a woman to come hither, and she will automatically know to strip down, get on the nearest stripper pole (which will be systematically placed in public display from coast to coast, north to south) and dance for me. Then from that point I decide whether or not to grace her with my disco stick.
[/sarcasm]

OK- you know how when a young woman goes missing/is found assualted and dead and people think of you? Or there's a shooting at a fitness center by a disgruntled lonely man who cannot relate to women, and people automatically think of you? Or why you've never been able to have a female relationship??THIS IS WHY.

Oh please, you know you want it :D

On a serious note, it appears someone doesn't understand the implied sarcasm as denoted by the sarcasm tags, and I don't appreciate your tone or insinuations. Here's a pin for your shameful and childlike behavior.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews