MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Kool Aid Konsumer Kookie Keith Kaput?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Kool Aid Konsumer Kookie Keith Kaput?

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Here are many (but by no means all) of the questions Ned has no courage to answer. There is no hilarity. It's very sad.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=40994&hilit=unanswered

And thanks for posting the link to that Pug Mahones thread. It reminds me why I said I'd stop engaging you. Time to get back to keeping promises. Have at 'er, big fella.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby keelio » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:06 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Nothing. There is no law against this. All Keith did was break and NBC ethics policy. if Fox News had any ethics or ethics policies they wouldn't have a network. Nice to know Ned is for Corporate rights and against individual rights.

It sounds like an NBC news director got egg on his face by saying that they would never condone behavior such as Fox's (30 presenters & News Corp. openly donating to candidates) then was pointed to the fact that one of his presenters made a few donations. Even if it's just a little smudge on your kettle, you can't call the other guy's black. I'm of two minds - Olbermann's program is not 'objective' journalism, so maybe he should be held to a different standard ethically than NBC news journalists; but if you have a code of ethics (cue NPR & Juan Williams) you've got to be accountable. Don't think it's appropriate to fire him, but suspension and a lot of publicity about journalistic ethics might be sufficient.
keelio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Q. What do Clinton's penis and TheBookPolice's local restaurant reviews have in common?

A. They're both constant obsessions of our resident village idiot, despite Clinton not being in power since 2001, and Flanders not being a Madison resident since... well, who cares? At least he's not here.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:18 pm

It's hilarious how some people are so quick to criticize, yet show their true hypocritical colors when the tables are turned. Wait, no hilarity. It's very sad.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:21 pm

jman111 wrote:It's hilarious how some people are so quick to criticize, yet show their true hypocritical colors when the tables are turned. Wait, no hilarity. It's very sad.

I agree. Bookie has his problems....

And I haven't even linked to the review where he positioned bagels as an exotic "fringe food".
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

uh oh...i predict there will be one of those "up against the wall" staff meetings within the next 30 days and more commentators from m.s.n.b.c. will be on the bread line. whether or not/they should (slam. bang.)

maybe mr olbermann could use the time off to get some chelation therapy to get some of the mercury out of his system -- he had his nightly show for the better part of three years before he went round the bend...as one i.d.p.f. contributor wrote, he was on his way to becoming the next malcolm muggeridge, or something thereabouts...
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby npler » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Olbermann's problem isn't mercury. It's that he smokes crack during the breaks. Bad stuff, Keith. At least get the crack that has some heroin mixed in with it. He could have been the next Cronkite, or even a left-wing Lester Kinsolving, but he succumbed to the siren's song of the Rock. Shame.

I agree about the Comcast Flamethrower getting ready to put the hurt on them en masse. They'll probably change the locks on the doors while Maddow is out of the building and can Scarborough and Jansing too before it's all over. They have to be fit to be tied about being beat in the Nielsens by cable access and test patterns.
npler
Forum Addict

Postby gozer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 pm

npler wrote:Olbermann's problem isn't mercury. It's that he smokes crack during the breaks.

that's got to be some hard-core crack. maybe even some designer coke analogue in the place of the c-jam.

m.s.n.b.c. could have a big hit with a debate show called olbermann/coulter ... the intro starts out with manuel noriega banging on the podium with the machete and then this funky music starts...sort of like a blow-freak version of the old siskel & ebert intro showing ms coulter and mr olbermann sharing a line of nose candy or fifty before a show, fiddling with a butane lighter, freaking out at a yankees game and spilling their drinks all over other spectators, cackling whilst watching the monitors in the newsroom...

give them both those coffee mugs that say "i enjoy colombia's second-most-famous export" and a desk shaped like a "c" as on the colbert report, but of course it doesn't stand for "colbert"... they could have a segment called "the coulter counter" similar to "harper's index" which features graphics of line and bar graphs drawn with bolivian marching powder on a mirror. the bumper music is always "cocaine" by the oak ridge boys..."if u've got bad news/u want to kick those blues..."

there would a lot of violent, frenzied energy there. if they started doing it on the desk, it would not only blow the other networks out of the water, but the final episode of m*a*s*h, fr coughlin...not that such a scene would really turn my crank...

"u ever fuck on coke?...it's nice."
-- chitty chitty bang bang
Last edited by gozer on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:08 am

Well it sure beats suggesting that your viewers murder physicians now, doesn't it?
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
jman111 wrote:I, for one, am kinda lookin' forward to finding out what lies down this road.

Here's a classic thread where Bookie "reviews" a restaurant that had stopped serving food before he got there. He attempts to defend himself with "dog ate my homework excuses". Hilarity ensues. Ya can't make this stuff up:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43078&hilit=bookie

Thank you.

Not because I'd agree with you, or that I'd ever agree with you, but that thread had one of my all-time favorite quotes. The accompanying response from bluethedog was priceless, too.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:38 am

1. I don't even write about politics much and I don't give to political candidates. I think it's pretty cut/dried that doing so is a violation of ethics. I don't put campaign signs in my yard or sign stuff, either.

2. It's amusing how much Olbermann's presence pains conservatives. He's the Rush of the left, ya blowhards! If you don't like him, don't watch him, but please quit your complaining about him.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 am

jjoyce wrote:1. I don't even write about politics much and I don't give to political candidates. I think it's pretty cut/dried that doing so is a violation of ethics. I don't put campaign signs in my yard or sign stuff, either.

not even that cute "la rouche 2000" snow-globe?

2. It's amusing how much Olbermann's presence pains conservatives. He's the Rush of the left, ya blowhards!

no, he doesn't have the lung capacity.

actually, i think glenn beck is about ten months from proving my thesis that the political spectrum is a circle -- maybe not marching with the p.l.p. or blowing noam chomsky on the air, but his show is great to watch when u are high on weed, special k, d, or all three none the less...
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am

He's back! He's back! Hundreds of millions of Americans can go back to not watching him again.

What a great country!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:57 am

Ned Flanders wrote:He's back! He's back! Hundreds of millions of Americans can go back to not watching him again.

What a great country!

god damn it! my family and i and the neigbours and a bunch of political and media types were going to a vodou service tonight in chicago to ask for countdown to be hosted by mara liasson...it would turn down the volume by 95 per cent, but people would watch it. the ghost of marshall mcluhan told me so.

"the great thing about america is that u can always find a party. in the soviet union, the [communist] party always finds u"
-- tora! tora! tora!
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby towanda » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:49 pm

keelio wrote:It sounds like an NBC news director got egg on his face by saying that they would never condone behavior such as Fox's (30 presenters & News Corp. openly donating to candidates) then was pointed to the fact that one of his presenters made a few donations. Even if it's just a little smudge on your kettle, you can't call the other guy's black. I'm of two minds - Olbermann's program is not 'objective' journalism, so maybe he should be held to a different standard ethically than NBC news journalists; but if you have a code of ethics (cue NPR & Juan Williams) you've got to be accountable. Don't think it's appropriate to fire him, but suspension and a lot of publicity about journalistic ethics might be sufficient.

Not so. NBC and MSNBC have a a rule that their reporters and hosts must ask management before making political contributions. Fox has no such rule. Thus Fox characters are able to donate willy-nilly while NBC and MSNBC reporters and hosts are not.
towanda
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines