MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 84.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Isthmus preview party at Segredo: restaurant/lounge/bowling

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Re: Isthmus preview party at Segredo: restaurant/lounge/bowl

Postby MadMind75 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:01 am

So it sounds like it was the city who stripped Segredo of it's uniqueness because of some formalities regarding the lanes.
Eh, someone should just bring in a Lucky Strike to Madison.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby eriedasch » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm

MadMind75 wrote:So it sounds like it was the city who stripped Segredo of it's uniqueness because of some formalities regarding the lanes.

It was the city that told them they could not install the foreign built bowling electronics. But from what I understand none of the stuff was approved for installation in the U.S. per electrical codes.

So unless the city/state (?) changed their rules regarding electrical safety for Segredo, their foreign made bowling electronics would not be allowed unless they were brought up to meet U.S. regulations and that was not cost effective.

I would lean more towards blaming the person/people who created and or approved the business plan for overlooking this highly crucial detail.

This is all based on memory, so please correct me if I am wrong.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 pm

The uniform electrical code is adopted and enforced by local jurisdiction not state, so it was Madison inspectors who decided the installation was not up to code.

Installing a big thing like that without first checking with the officials having jurisdiction is a big and expensive oversight, probably due to inexperience. Whoever it was won't do that again, I am sure.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Cooking & Food issues