MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 20.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Taco Heaven

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Taco Heaven

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Jennid007 wrote:ou guys are worse than a damn sewing circle!! This is my life that you are talking and joking about! This was a husband and wife team, not some corporate conglomerate that has money to keep dumping in. We ran out of money. Yes, Los Gamelos could've contributed to our demise, but definitely an overpriced location really had most to do with it. We later learned that the cost of the location was also Le Chardonnay's demise. Despite all the negativity you have brought me from your 1 experience Stebben, which even I agreed was less than what it should have been, we had quite a good following and many loyal customers. Don't think your very rude and out of place prediction of us closing within 6 months wasn't in the back of my mind! I really hope you are pleased with yourself. You got what you wanted.

I am sorry you lost your business. My parents owned a restaurant, that I lived above, for over 20 years. It's a hellish business and takes a lot of dedication. My comments on this forum were on this forum, not directed towards you or your family.

Madison is a hard place to open a business. The first 6 months will make or break you.

I did go back a second time. I never judge a restaurant by my first visit. I thought it was ok that time, but not worthy of posting about it again, and unfortunately not worthy of telling anyone I thought it was worth going back.

There has been an upsurge in taco restaurants in this town within the last few years. That makes it even more competitive to come up with something new, good, or even better than the rest.

I do wish you luck and hopefully you don't give up on what you're doing.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Good riddance, your restaurant sucked. One of the greater causes of failed restaurants is stupid people wasting money on an idea they can't do well. One easy sign is a mixed menu like tacos, burgers, and hotdogs. Here is what works, most of the time:

Choose something.
Do it well.
Repeat.

Consistency is what will take you happily to the bank....
workboy7
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 pm

workboy7 wrote:Good riddance, your restaurant sucked. One of the greater causes of failed restaurants is stupid people wasting money on an idea they can't do well. One easy sign is a mixed menu like tacos, burgers, and hotdogs.

This message brought to you by the People of the Impeccable Style Society.

Plenty of restaurants fail. Even those who have been in the business for years have had a demise or two in their history. It happens. One stat I've seen is 1 in 4 in the first year and 3 of 5 in three years.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 pm

workboy should know a thing or two about failed restaurants. He's had plenty of experience in that category.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby workboy7 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:01 am

Im not sure what you are trying to say Ave, but thanks, I guess,....
workboy7
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews