MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Enemies Among Us

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Enemies Among Us

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Ah yes, the new annual tradition, "terrorism for the holidays" kicks off with a dud; Portland Libs sob "why"?:

"Who would want to bomb here?” said Naoki Hirai, a 29-year-old from Japan who is a graduate student at Portland State University. Betty Behrens, a tourist from Seattle, said, “I was astounded.”

"In response to the thwarted plot, Mayor Sam Adams has floated the idea of cooperating more fully with federal law enforcement agencies. In 2005, the Portland City Council passed an ordinance that put conditions on the city’s continued participation in the F.B.I. Joint Terrorism Task Force out of concern for the civil liberties of residents."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/us/29 ... .html?_r=1
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Fortunately, we've taken control the situation by setting fire to a Muslim place of worship. We are now safe.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:37 pm

rabble wrote:Fortunately, we've taken control the situation by setting fire to a Muslim place of worship. We are now safe.

Typical. You sound like the child-molesting Portland mayor.

They haven't caught the "arsonists" so we're not sure who set the fire, right?

Conversely, we're positive about who wanted to blow up women and children at a tree-lighting celebration.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Ned if you're that into joining in the Jihad why don't you just enlist? Pretty sure we'll be in Afghanistan for another 30-40 years. They could use a good Christian soldier like yourself.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Ned likes to do his fighting behind the keyboard as a cyber warrior. Like Cheney, he would never enlist because he has better things to do.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Ned if you're that into joining in the Jihad why don't you just enlist?

Ned likes to do his fighting behind the keyboard as a cyber warrior.

Correct! We also would have accepted "DADT".
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
rabble wrote:Fortunately, we've taken control the situation by setting fire to a Muslim place of worship. We are now safe.

OK, for the most part, I have taken jjoyce's advice, and resist the urge to reply to your lies and obfuscation. However, just in case there are any new people reading this forum, who wonder why most everyone else here treats you with disdain and contempt, it is because you deserve it, and should have no credibility here.

I had not heard about the Portland mayor being a child molester, so I looked it up. He did not molest a child, slanderer, nor did he have sex with a minor. He had a sexual relationship with an eighteen-year-old. Here is the article I found.

The callous disregard you have for the truth should be understood by everyone who comes across your posts. Ned Flanders does not post in good faith, and should be disbelieved in every post. Really, it is best not to engage him, as he runs from the thread if asked a direct question.

Hope that helps.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Ned Flanders does not post in good faith, and should be disbelieved in every post. Really, it is best not to engage him, as he runs from the thread if asked a direct question.

Can we make that a "sticky" at the top of all forums?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:28 pm

acereraser wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:

OK, for the most part, I have taken jjoyce's advice, and resist the urge to reply to your lies and obfuscation. However, just in case there are any new people reading this forum, who wonder why most everyone else here treats you with disdain and contempt, it is because you deserve it, and should have no credibility here.

I had not heard about the Portland mayor being a child molester, so I looked it up. He did not molest a child, slanderer, nor did he have sex with a minor. He had a sexual relationship with an eighteen-year-old. Here is the article I found.

The callous disregard you have for the truth should be understood by everyone who comes across your posts. Ned Flanders does not post in good faith, and should be disbelieved in every post. Really, it is best not to engage him, as he runs from the thread if asked a direct question.

Hope that helps.

More information on Adam's "relationship" with teenager, ahem, "Bo Breedlove". The fortysomething mayor began and lied about a relationship with the teenage legislative aid.

Adams wasn't declared "innocent". The prosecuter decided there was "insufficient evidence" to proceed with prosecution. There is also some evidence that he paid "Breedlove" for sex.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3533/12744/
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Typical. You sound like the child-molesting Portland mayor.

No charges were brought because there was insufficient evidence and the sole testifying witness (Breedlove himself) was proven to be not credible.

This makes you, Ned, at the very least a liar (no surprise there), and most likely prosecutable under libel and defamation of character laws. It's also possible Isthmus would be party to a lawsuit.

I trust the powers-that-be will take this into consideration when assessing whether to allow you to continue to spew your hateful bile on this forum.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 pm

ilikebeans wrote:This makes you, Ned, at the very least a liar (no surprise there),

Troglodyte may be more fitting but I don't want to be accused of libel. :wink:

Don't squash Neds 1st ammendment right to freedom of expression. Without this outlet for his frustrations he would just be a grumpy, ill-mannered....wait a minute....never mind.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am

More tedious personal attacks and calls for "banning" Typical leftists. Plus, we're veering comically off topic. To wrap this up, it appears that someone got to "Breedlove":

The Record of What Breedlove Told WW and When.
Beau Breedlove is a puzzle wrapped in an enigma.

"In September 2007, I interviewed him three times by phone while he was at his home, then in Michigan, about his relationship with then-Commissioner Sam Adams. Each time, his story differed slightly—enough that I suspected he was lying.

I had no further contact with Breedlove until April 23, 2008, when he posted a cryptic—and public—blog entry on his MySpace page that said in part: “You know that feeling you get when you come to realize that you’ve probably done something wrong, and although you really wanted and/or needed to do it, you know it probably wasn’t the best decision at the time….”

After reading that blog post I called Breedlove, who I learned was waiting tables at Bluehour, the trendy Pearl District restaurant owned by his cousin, Bruce Carey.

We met, beginning an intermittent conversation that would continue, mostly by text message, for months.

At that first meeting, Breedlove told me he had lied in his prior conversations with me. He denied, however, having sex with Adams before he turned 18.

He never changed that story until Jan. 9 of this year, when we again met at Bluehour. I showed Breedlove an anonymous email sent to every Portland newsroom by an anonymous tipster (later identified as a masseur with no role in the Adams saga).

“More happened on the night of the First Thursday party than they have admitted to,” the email read. “Specifically, an incident in the men’s room after the party.”

When I handed Breedlove the email, he paled visibly, said he didn’t feel well and went off to the bathroom with his BlackBerry.

When he returned to the table, he noted what I had missed—that he was 17 on the night of the First Thursday event.

So, what happened that night? I asked.

For the first time since we began communicating, Breedlove dodged.

“I can’t answer that question,” he said, and left the restaurant.
Breedlove"
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 am

While the teenager "Breedlove" was being talked into changing his story by middle-aged adults, Adams was busy outlining a "PR" plan that included lying about his relationship with "Breedlove:"

The document details a proposed public-relations strategy that Adams and his allies could use to address any questions about his relationship with Breedlove, which at the time he said was nothing more than mentoring. Above is one page of the spreadsheet, which includes the “areas,” or topics, for potential discussion: the message (in one case it is that Adams is the victim), the delivery (through allies such as political consultant Patricia McCaig, Commissioner Randy Leonard, or Basic Rights Oregon) and the medium of communication: i.e., “press.”
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:18 am

Concerned enough about your statement that you are doing damage control at 11 pm, eh?

Let's roll the tape again, shall we?

Ned Flanders wrote:Typical. You sound like the child-molesting Portland mayor.

Absent any charges or conviction, this is libelous and legally actionable. You are a legal liability to Isthmus, end of story.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:22 am

Ned's writing style has changed. It's almost as if someone else had been given responsibility for the sock puppet. But that can't be.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines