MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, July 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Fuzzy's Tacos- I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE IN MADISON!!!!!

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Re: Fuzzy's Tacos- I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE IN MADISON!!!!!

Postby morriskatze » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 am

Also a displaced Texan, and also really enjoyed Fuzzy's. I tried it out because my vegetarian nephew likes it and I wasn't disappointed.

I like their vegetarian options, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful when I ask questions about ingredients. The black beans might be my second favorite ever (although I might just be starved for good black beans). :)

I've tried the veg enchiladas, which are served with a good old-fashioned Tex-Mex chili gravy, and the veg tacos. I have to say I'm not real fond of the garlic sauce on the tacos b/c it tastes to mayonnaise-y for me. However, I really like the veg mix and the chili gravy. The warm salsa is a little strange to me, but the flavor is pretty good and the chips are perfect.

I'm not very fond of places that don't have sit down service, but Fuzzy's has enough of the things I miss to make it worth fetching my own food. :)
morriskatze

Postby LargeMarge » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:30 pm

morriskatze wrote:I've tried the veg enchiladas, which are served with a good old-fashioned Tex-Mex chili gravy, and the veg tacos. I have to say I'm not real fond of the garlic sauce on the tacos b/c it tastes to mayonnaise-y for me.

I wish I had read this review before ordering. I got the veggie tacos. The first bite was good. The second bite contained the mayo sauce. I was in a state of disbelief. I have never heard of mayo on a taco. I hate mayo on anything. It ruined the whole taco. I think I would have enjoyed the taco otherwise. At least it was only $2 wasted.
LargeMarge
Forum Addict

Postby isobro » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm

This place is terrible... Panchero's, Chipotle, Qdoba, Tex Tubs are places significantly better than this place. There were 4 other people in the place when we arrived on a Saturday night around 7 pm. Tacos were sub par. The dry, flavorless tortilla's made them unappetizing. The meat was room temperature and the beef bland. Quesadilla was soaking in grease, burritos small compared to places listed above. Avoid this place, save your dollars and go to one of the others above. The group of us pretty much had the same thought on the products, pretty sub-par for a taco/burrito type of restaurant.

On Yelp, the owner had a bunch of friends post positive things. Also, you will notice that yelp filtered the majority of negative removes yet left all the positive ones. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

The owner did contact me through yelp to apologize, was professional and asked me to give them another shot.

However, never heard back from the owner after I gave him my information... Guess this truly is the way this restaurant operates. Stay away.
isobro

Previous

Return to Cooking & Food issues