MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Congratulations to the Chicago Bears

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Congratulations to the Chicago Bears

Postby pjbogart » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Wow. I was really impressed with The Bears dominating performance today versus the Seahawks. Was it just me or did Chicago almost look like a playoff team beating a sub-.500 wannabe? Cutler actually looked like a starting quarterback for most of the game. Good defense... reasonable offense... The Bears looked like a team that could probably beat... The Seahawks!

Seriously, folks. The Bears got the one game they could actually win in the playoffs. Saints, Falcons, Packers, Eagles, Bears and Seahawks. The Seahawks are the only team in that bunch that The Bears really had any reasonable chance of beating, home field advantage or not.

Get ready for the smackdown, boys. The Packers are peaking and look like the best team in the NFL right now. The Bears are also peaking and look like they actually belong in the playoffs. Should be a good game.

Packers 126- Bears 3 (Hester will get them in field goal range).
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Congratulations to the Chicago Bears

Postby buckyor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 am

T'ree min-Rodgers and t'ree mini-Matthews would beat da Bears 300-3.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 am

You left out the stunning performance of one Jay Cutler. He's had his first winning season, first playoff game since high school and perhaps the best performance of a QB in the playoffs against a sub-.500 team perhaps ever. What was Breese line from last week? Anyways I hope Da Bear fans out there have a fun week of feelin Da pride, talkin da trash, using da word "da" instead of "the" and don't take it to hard when they get Da beatdown on Sunday. Great year for Football in the state of Wisco.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 am

pjbogart wrote:Seriously, folks. The Bears got the one game they could actually win in the playoffs. Saints, Falcons, Packers, Eagles, Bears and Seahawks. The Seahawks are the only team in that bunch that The Bears really had any reasonable chance of beating, home field advantage or not.

Oh, I don't know about that. The other team on your list that the Bears could beat is the Bears. They've done it repeatedly in the Lovie Era. At least Rex is no longer "our quarterback."

Da Bears have two things going for them that it will be hard for the Pickers to match: special teams and incredibly crappy sod in Soldier Field. Straight up on a decent field, I'd take Green Bay and lay 30 points. Awful turf and awful weather, the Bears have a chance.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 am

fisticuffs wrote: I hope Da Bear fans out there have a fun week of feelin Da pride, talkin da trash, using da word "da" instead of "the" and don't take it to hard when they get Da beatdown on Sunday.

Take it "to hard"? Where is this "hard" you speak of, Fisty? Just reinforcing Bears fans idea of what PackerBackers are like.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 am

In their two games this year Rodgers had 2 TD passes and 2 interceptions. His record is 4-12 in games ending in a 4 point or less differential. The Meat Packers threw everything they had at the Bears in a do-or-die game a few weeks ago, and put up 10 points in a deer-in-headlights performance. It will be an ugly, close win for the Beloved, 17-14.
Last edited by Stella_Guru on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 am

I think the Bears would be capable of beating the Eagles and the Saints on their home field. I think it will be a close game just because they play so hard, especially on defense. 24-19 Pack, winning ugly.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

fisticuffs wrote: Anyways I hope Da Bear fans out there have a fun week of feelin Da pride, talkin da trash, using da word "da" instead of "the" and don't take it to hard when they get Da beatdown on Sunday.

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking