MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
shriners
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Kool Aid Konsumer Kookie Keith Kaput?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Kool Aid Konsumer Kookie Keith Kaput?

Postby npler » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 pm

I see he's back on the crack as well.
npler
Forum Addict

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 am

i get a kick out of the new m.s.n.b.c. lean forward advertising campaign.

here are some ideas i came up with:

turn your head & cough
if u shake it more than three times u are playing with it
get off my front porch u beatnik
suck my dick
diddle my clit
achtung!
eat shit and die
what would cthulu do?
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Kurtains for Keith!

Will he join Gunga Dan at "HD Net"? :lol:

NEW YORK – MSNBC host Keith Olbermann announced Friday that he is leaving the network and has taped his last "Countdown" show.

MSNBC issued a statement that it had ended its contract with the controversial host, with no further explanation. Olbermann hosted the network's most popular show, but his combative liberal opinions often made him a target of critics.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110122/ap_ ... lbermann_9
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am

towanda wrote:NBC and MSNBC have a a rule that their reporters and hosts must ask management before making political contributions. Fox has no such rule. Thus Fox characters are able to donate willy-nilly while NBC and MSNBC reporters and hosts are not.

That is correct. NBC and MSNBC have ethics rules, while FOX has no such rules. That says a lot.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 am

jjoyce wrote:2. It's amusing how much Olbermann's presence pains conservatives. He's the Rush of the left, ya blowhards! If you don't like him, don't watch him, but please quit your complaining about him.

I totally agree with you (I can feel myself getting stupider when I watch either Fox or MSNBC commentators). However, I have run across many seemingly educated people that do not equate the two at all, and feel that Olberman is a rational voice of reason that is slightly left of center.

This is the curse of the two party system, now that both sides have (effectively) forced purity codes on thier candidates. The idea that two or three people (much less millions) would hold exactly the same political views down the line does not speak well for the state of political thought or discourse.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 pm

the original for those unfamiliar with the work of j.s. bach: http://www.metrolyrics.com/winner-takes ... hagar.html

i watch msnbc at night
why did n.b.c. suspend savitch for what k.o. snorts all day?
hey, propaganda is a game all can play
olbermann has no plausible deniabilty

refrain:
coz o'reilly takes it all, olbermann takes a fall
nielsen ratings spell the beginning of the end
f.n.c. takes it all, n.b.c. ad revenue can't break the fall
now olbermann's made it under the bus

hey, msnbc do what i say
there's a dream that's comin' true today, yeah
give mara liasson a programme like live at five
the choice is yours to make, in every chance you take

coz olbermann's got the gall, but did he need to fall?
is this shit can the beginning or the end?
we all thought the row had stalled, so who there made the call?
like williams could he make it over the top?

first the extremist, then the hack
and when the heart gets pumped up to an attack
there's no defeat, you'd sooner die
it's ghost in machine as olbermann throws bombs or pies

refrain 3x
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Igor wrote:However, I have run across many seemingly educated people that do not equate the two at all, and feel that Olberman is a rational voice of reason that is slightly left of center.

I'd bet the number of people in this category is absolutely dwarfed by people like Flanders, who believe that everything that is not Fox is the same. CNN is as far practically and philosophically from MSNBC as it is from Fox. Of course, that doesn't fit comfortably in the conservative "conspiracy and fear" narrative.

The difference between Rush or O'Reilly, and Olbermann is this: Olbermann used absurdist sarcasm to make his points. Rush and O'Reilly knowingly spread lies in order to emotionally manipulate and intellectually mislead their audiences.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm

wack wack wrote:The difference between Rush or O'Reilly, and Olbermann is this: Olbermann used absurdist sarcasm to make his points.

although he didn't need to -- it seemed like he is sophisticated enough to make his points with words he actually means, and he doesn't strike me as being particularly culturally insensitive and boorish on that point...but why he appeared to hit diminishing returns a couple of years ago is something the public may never know for certain.

Rush and O'Reilly knowingly spread lies in order to emotionally manipulate and intellectually mislead their audiences.

true. mr limbaugh is an order of magnitude worse than mr o'reilly, however, the latter may, under plausible but unlikely circumstances be corrigible whereas mr limbaugh is so full of hot air that he is like a nuée ardente rolling down hill at 750 km/h...
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm

wack wack wrote:
Igor wrote:However, I have run across many seemingly educated people that do not equate the two at all, and feel that Olberman is a rational voice of reason that is slightly left of center.

I'd bet the number of people in this category is absolutely dwarfed by people like Flanders, who believe that everything that is not Fox is the same. CNN is as far practically and philosophically from MSNBC as it is from Fox. Of course, that doesn't fit comfortably in the conservative "conspiracy and fear" narrative.

The difference between Rush or O'Reilly, and Olbermann is this: Olbermann used absurdist sarcasm to make his points. Rush and O'Reilly knowingly spread lies in order to emotionally manipulate and intellectually mislead their audiences.

Olbermann: The thinking man's lunatic. :roll:
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Speaking of Mr. Limbaugh, perhaps some of you have heard his remarks over his perceived unacceptable delay in translation of Chinese President Hu Jintao. If not, check out the story from The Colbert Report, which includes plenty of the original Limbaugh broadcast.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:58 pm

The Times reports he's barred from TV for about nine months under the agreement but not from radio or internet and will presumably be on somebody's network for the next election cycle.

His boss Phil Griffin "called Mr. Olbermann 'the tent pole at the center' of the network’s sensibility."
One NBC News executive said on Sunday: “Give us a bit of credit for getting eight years out of him. That’s the longest he’s been anywhere.”

The Neds and Glen Becks are happy now but they already know he's going to be irritating the hell out of 'em for some time to come. They've got a little bit of reprieve for a short time, that's all.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Happy? More like indifferent. Keith performed for a small sliver of the far-left on a daily basis, but his buffoonery sometimes oozed out and reached the general public, reminding us that many on the far-left are certifiable.

So, in some ways Olbermann provided a great service to this nation.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Happy? More like indifferent.

Yeah. We know. That's why you started the thread and keep resurrecting it.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Kurtains for Keith!

Ned Flanders wrote:Happy? More like indifferent.

Yep, indifferent. I generally express my indifference with exclamation marks.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 am

Kookie Keith Korrals Kurrent TV. Well, I guessed he'd end up at HD Net but I was aiming too high. Where will Keith's downward career spiral end?

Keith Olbermann to host news and commentary show for Current TV

Keith Olbermann is to serve as host of a new prime-time news and commentary show on Current TV, Current Media said.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/keit ... 022049.php
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines