MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Locksmith for antique locks?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Locksmith for antique locks?

Postby barney » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

I have an old mortise lock in our house that needs a skeleton key made. Can anyone recommend a locksmith in Madison that can do this?

(They don't have to make house calls, I can easily remove the lock and take it in.)
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Locksmith for antique locks?

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Go to Badger Key. They moved their shop to Century Ave in Middleton. Its now next to the PDQ on the corner of Branch and Century Ave.

Ask for Z, he's probably the best in town to hand file skeleton keys by impression.

If he doesn't work out let me know and I might be able to do it, but it would take me a lot longer than Z and wouldn't look as nice.

Good Luck,

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Fifteen minutes for a helpful answer to an unusual question. This board is great.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Awesome! I will give him a try and report back.
Thanks!
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cxl01 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 am

OK, its silly, but I was really expecting someone to recommend a business with a name like Ye Olde Locksmith.
cxl01
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zandra14 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:26 am

Locksmith services are also included in the access control systems where a single key has an entry door system with several, for example. Alarm systems are another application area locksmith services. Intercom security system can also be assured by requiring the help of professionals.If take the time to establish a relationship with a firm lock before you really need, through the recruitment of different jobs, you know who call blocking emergency. When you have an emergency locking you need to know that you have a business can have lock. If you hire the same company lock, if you have a good experience with them, for all his work, you're likely to get a better service.

Arvada locksmith
Zandra14

Postby Endo Rockstar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 am

Zandra14 wrote:Locksmith services are also included in the access control systems where a single key has an entry door system with several, for example. Alarm systems are another application area locksmith services. Intercom security system can also be assured by requiring the help of professionals.If take the time to establish a relationship with a firm lock before you really need, through the recruitment of different jobs, you know who call blocking emergency. When you have an emergency locking you need to know that you have a business can have lock. If you hire the same company lock, if you have a good experience with them, for all his work, you're likely to get a better service.

Arvada locksmith

Quick rant. Shit like this is why we need licensing for locksmiths in Wisconsin. Otherwise you gets google-bomb fly by night operations like this and guys like "Madison-Locksmiths" on Johnson who took over the yellowpages and google but who's owner has a record longer than my arm..

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Anyone else have trouble hearing the word locksmith without thinking of Police Squad!?
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All