MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Save a tree, kill the Shopper Stopper!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Save a tree, kill the Shopper Stopper!

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm

I think the mailman doesn't understand why I don't get a Shopper Stopper like everyone else. I'll get wads of loose couponage with no address on it, almost like consolation for them losing my Stopper.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Save a tree, kill the Shopper Stopper!

Postby john_titor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

After 15 years, I finally got around to doing this. While the wait was long, the call was painless. I then set my sights on THE Great Dane.

I searched the web for a while finding all sorts of dodgy sites, as I didn't have the paper in front of me and they don't have a proper website, until coming across a phone number. (608-845-9559) The woman who answered sounded nice. Scared, but nice.

"It seems" she said, "the post office has" (I kind of stopped paying attention at this point)some sort of regulation about items being addressed and blah blah. This somehow results in The Great Dane's inability to stop sending me the stuff they want recycled. "You should call your post office."

Post office, once again pleasant person, says "bulk email" (stopped listening again) ...bulk email...something again about it not having an addressee... essentially, t.s.

At some point something like this was said:

"We call up X and ask them how many they want, and we send it to them." Either the post office or the paper, I can't remember.

So someone has control. Until then, I remain their captive.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Catch All