MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Walker rumor

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Re: Walker rumor

Postby Huckleby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Guess we should stay on the good side of our pharmacists too.

When a restaraunt worker tampers with somebody's food, what they really are saying is that they themselves are a piece of sh1t. It's OK that they have no pride in their work and behave like thuggish teens, because they are nothings doing nothing.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Huckleby wrote:Guess we should stay on the good side of our pharmacists too.

Actually you ought to try to stay on the good side of anyone who's performing any service for you. There's ALWAYS a way for them to have the last word.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Huckleby wrote:When a restaraunt worker tampers with somebody's food, what they really are saying is that they themselves are a piece of sh1t. It's OK that they have no pride in their work and behave like thuggish teens, because they are nothings doing nothing.

What a strange statement. What do you mean by "nothings doing nothing"? Are you suggesting that working as a food preparer is meaningless and those that do it aren't worthy of respect?
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Apparently he's also saying that spitting in someone's food is morally equivalent to denying a woman access to birth control.

Notice I said, 'he.' That's one assumption I feel perfectly safe in making.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 am

supaunknown wrote: Are you suggesting that working as a food preparer is meaningless and those that do it aren't worthy of respect?

au contraire. I'm suggesting that all work is meaningful and all workers are worthy of respect. People should treat their work seriously, and in return be paid a living wage.

If somebody lays a goober in a sandwhich, they are making a demeaning statement about themselves, their work, and their value to others. The statement is "I can behave like a savage because me and my role are meaningless crap. "
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 am

Marvell wrote:Apparently he's also saying that spitting in someone's food is morally equivalent to denying a woman access to birth control.

Not sure i can follow that one. But I'd say spitting in somebodies food is morally equivalent to a druggist deviously throwing some sugar pills into somebody's birth control pills.

Now, most people would immediately recognize the druggest as a criminal and cad. That's because druggests have more prestige, more is expected of them professionally. I say the food spitter is just as bad.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dead ed » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:42 pm

If we are going to relegate the food spitter to the same level of hell as the pill tamperer, we must apply common sense. Surely, the little bit of tongue spittle cannot be judged the same as a full loogie. Is there no mercy in this world?
dead ed

Postby MJD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Unless a business specifically gets government money, they can do what they want. It's the joy of capitalism. Walker and his ilk picked this fight, they should suffer the social consequences from their destruction of the people's civil rights.
MJD

Previous

Return to Cooking & Food issues