MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
canoe rack
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Jeremy Ryan disrupts JFC, posts YouTube video about it

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Jeremy Ryan disrupts JFC, posts YouTube video about it

Postby kissyfish » Wed May 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I wish Ron Jeremy would disrupt the JFC...

I would watch that video
kissyfish
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Wed May 11, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm sure nobody has/had a problem with how Ryan chooses/chose to live his life until he started putting himself out front in the protests. In this latest stunt, not only does he disregard Sen. Bob Jauch, but he upstaged Jauch's heartfelt and impressive remarks with some mumbled and confusing treatise. And then he asked for money to help pay the fine.

When some use racist terminology at tea party protests, the rest of the movement steps up to call foul. Same goes for the fringe on the left, like the guy at the bank a couple weeks ago. In this case, what you're seeing is some frustration by those teachers and other public employees who have worked hard to keep the protests on message, reasonable and respectful. The problem is that when those folks go to work, some of the people left at the Capitol are left to do their thing without supervision.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed May 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I don't know what he was trying to accomplish. The optics of it were certainly not flattering - the news coverage I saw consisted of a shot of him beginning his speech, and then video of people being hauled away by the cops. All they said was that protesters had disrupted the JFC meeting, and were hauled away by police. Period.

Whatever message he was trying to get across was completely lost.

I think his heart is in the right place, but it might be helpful for him to think about what he wants to accomplish and then come up with a plan that has a reasonable chance of success. If you're going to wind up pissing off the most senior legislator on your side, you're probably doing it wrong...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Having now met Jeremy, and spoken with him at length on where the protests and activism go next, I can confidently say that I think his perspective is completely skewed. We both start at the same motivating point--Wisconsin Republicans are attempting devious, harmful, and often undemocratic things, emboldened by not so much a perception of mandate as the flush of power--but a one degree shift at the focal point makes a huge difference a mile away.

His position on what's valuable, what's meaningful, and what's a waste of time are vastly out of sync with my position, and with the positions of the dozens of people with whom I've spoken about this movement. He's welcome to put himself out there as he feels is appropriate, but that's part of what it means to put one's self out there: sometimes, you go too far and the life preserver can't reach you anymore.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed May 11, 2011 1:22 pm

He's just biding his time until he's old enough to drop out of the Presidential election.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby username » Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm

"A bunch of people, myself included just broke up a Senate meeting momentarily causing the floor to shut down... Glad others are finally waking up and realizing that we need to make our voices heard... I no longer feel alone and encourage all to follow my lead set on Monday!! -Jeremy Ryan"

from his facebook page

what I heard is that a bunch of these clowns were dressed up as robin hood in front of M&I Bank, then decided they would take their bad-asses across the street and yell at some politicians about voter ID. unfortunately, instead of going to the assembly chamber, where voter ID will be on the floor for several hours this evening, they went to the Senate chamber, where legislators were finishing up a couple of honorific resolutions. more on this: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/allpolitics.html

Jeremy and friends, if you're reading this: When Lena Taylor mouths 'stop' at you, that should be a pretty good hint that you should consider taking it down a notch.

again, I hope they lock this jackass up soon so he doesn't cause an embarrassment when the recalls really heat up. he ought to be ashamed of himself.
username

Postby juanton » Thu May 12, 2011 2:40 am

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 am

No No No No NO!

We've protested, attended meetings, swarmed the capital at a moments notice, had rallies, and submitted recall papers all while remaining peaceful and carrying on our daily lives. We haven't even been forced into a strike yet.

If Jeremy feels he needs to take it to "the next level," fine. But "fundraising" is bullshit. I've had my doubts about him from the get go, but this reeks a special brand of superficial and crazy.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 am

"Self-aggrandizing" is too modest a term.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Thu May 12, 2011 1:44 pm

But ... but ... he's died several times!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off, asshole! You haven't died until I'm fishing with worms that have fed off your corpse, you sob story spinning sonofabitch.

Anyone who gives this punk a dime should also be sure to forward their bank account number to some nice man in Nigeria. Wait ... scratch that. They're not equivalent enterprises. You'll likely get more for your money from the Nigeria deal.

Somewhere there's a colony of pissants upset that this guy is sullying their good name.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri May 13, 2011 7:56 am

Ooooh, up for auction we have a 2-wick votive candle. I like the quote from that page...
"Anything donated in his name to a bank would be confiscated & he would get nothing. A trust fund is the only thing anyone's come up with so far but no one seems to know how to start one."

No one knows how to start one for free, in other words.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby iwiw99 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 am

From Yelp Madison restaurant reviews.......

Ian's Pizza on State
Madison, WI
5/10/2011
I ate here while on a tour because every damn person we met said we had to come here. Eventually we did and it was good. There were some gutter punks eating a slice on the sidewalk and they fell off their skateboard as they rode away. There was also some weird guy riding a segway and talking on a bluetooth. Both of these things happened while we ate our pizza and they didn't take away from the fact that we enjoyed our pizza.
iwiw99
Forum Addict

Postby Erik Paulson » Sun May 15, 2011 6:35 pm

jjoyce wrote:http://youtu.be/78WTYsW4gdc

I don't know what to make of this guy. Do you?

I decided he was Mostly Harmless a few paragraphs into his Secretary of State campaign website last year and stopped paying attention to him.

He is branching out, and moderating the first candidate forum for the 48th Assembly District (Joe Parisi's old seat):

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114811338603933
Erik Paulson

Postby billygloat » Mon May 16, 2011 6:29 pm

What a total moron, and he is the leader of the anti-walker group?
billygloat

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 am

billygloat wrote:What a total moron, and he is the leader of the anti-walker group?

Nope. (Since you asked.)
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government