Henry Vilas wrote:Pawn Stars. I'm a fan of Chumlee.
To a lesser extent, American Pickers.
I wish that Reno 911 wasn't cancelled.
(Everything above is only semi-facecious. More like guilty pleasures.)
Pawn Stars ... have you seen the one where they send Chumlee to get the Bob Dylan record autographed by Bob Dylan? (and he signs it something like "TO CHUMLEE
, ALL THE BEST, BOB DYLAN."
American Pickers ... seen the one with the giant white-bearded hippie in Wisconsin who collects doors?
For all of you with Netflix On Demand, may I recommend the following British comedies:The IT Crowd
- IT department in a big company. Has actors from the Mighty Boosh and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place. One of the mains is the cop from Bridesmaids.Saxondale
- A former roadie for legendary bands becomes a pest control specialist. Always tries to stay cool, but can't party like the old days. Drives a sweet car. Clashes with the local neighborhood council. Funnier than it sounds.Pulling
- Four women and their drinking and romantic exploits. Has some very interesting characters.That Mitchell and Webb Look
- Sketch comedy, features one of the actors in Little Britain. Worth it for the "Sir Digby Chicken Caesar" bits alone.Monday Monday
- Kind of like The Office, but takes place in the corporate office of a grocery store chain. Netflix calls it a "dramedy" so there you go.
Well that's five, but I love Netflix and can't choose.