MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Kameron Loe

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Kameron Loe

Postby drinkinblackcoffee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I know its been a long time since I've posted, I just really needed a place to say: Kameron Loe, fuck him. Right in the fucking ear, that stupid pinhead motherfucker. The master of the fucking meltdown.
Hope everyone is well.
drinkinblackcoffee
Forum Addict

Re: Kameron Loe

Postby doppel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 pm

But how 'bout them Brewers. And Mr. Fielder seems to be quite the hitter of late. Dingers in the last six games. Kammoran Low, Shamoran Low, I don't I like the whole set-up -closer man routine. Sparky Anderson used to say, " A good starter is a good finisher, too." Who are we to doubt The Sparkster?
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:02 pm

doppel wrote:I don't I like the whole set-up -closer man routine.?

THIS!!! It would be interesting to see baseball change the requirements for a save - just to see if managers started using the closers differently. As if saves, in and of themself, will make the team win more games.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 am

Igor wrote:
doppel wrote:I don't I like the whole set-up -closer man routine.?

THIS!!! It would be interesting to see baseball change the requirements for a save - just to see if managers started using the closers differently. As if saves, in and of themself, will make the team win more games.

I couldn't agree more, and last night's game was a perfect example. If it's the 8th inning, you're trying to protect a slim lead, and you're about to face the meat of the order, your best relief pitcher should be in the game. The save should be eliminated from baseball.

Loe was awful last night, but Roenicke deserves much of the blame, too. Fortunately, Terry Collins was equally as inept -- How the hell do you pitch to Fielder in that situation with first base open?

The Brewers really need Saito to get healthy, and remain so. He'd be a much better 8th inning option, and Loe would slot in better in a less leveraged role.

As an aside, the Brewers should be embarrassed with the leaky roof at Miller. I was sitting behind home plate last night, and, as refreshing as it initially felt, I wasn't expecting to need rain gear inside a dome. Luckily, it coincided with the Brewers comeback, so at least I was treated to a helluva good game.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 am

Loe's been really bad more than his share this year and also saved their ass a number of times. Part of the problem is that the offense has been very inconsistent and put the pitching staff in way, way too many one run games, which was what was going down again last night.

But I agree, the way relief pitchers are used by managers currently is dumb. The idea of "it's the 8th, let's use Loe in every game" is nearly as idiotic as overpaying for late inning relief. (How many times has that worked out for you the past decade, Doug Melvin? Once? Maybe?)
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:23 pm

minicat wrote:Loe's been really bad more than his share this year and also saved their ass a number of times. Part of the problem is that the offense has been very inconsistent and put the pitching staff in way, way too many one run games, which was what was going down again last night.

But I agree, the way relief pitchers are used by managers currently is dumb. The idea of "it's the 8th, let's use Loe in every game" is nearly as idiotic as overpaying for late inning relief. (How many times has that worked out for you the past decade, Doug Melvin? Once? Maybe?)

The irony of the situation is that by having one guy rack up a whole bunch of one inning saves, they then need to pay him more. I totally understand using pitchers situationally - for example, Axford may not be the best guy to put in with the bases loaded. <Uecker>...and THAT one gets BY Lucroy and the runners advance</uecker> But if Axford's ideal situation happens to occur in the 8th, pitch him then.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Well, I just think about all the money they've spent on relief pitchers who have been completely useless the past decade. Last year was yet another example where all the high-priced "talent" was on the DL or off the roster two months in and all the no-names like Axford, Stetter, Braddock and Loe were leading a rebuilt bullpen. In a few years when a guy like Axford gets expensive, you let him go and find another guy like him. The Brewers have never had trouble creating closers ... I mean, they managed to harness Derrick Turnbow's erratically amazing talent for a good season's worth of work (though, that being said, I wish we had Mike Maddux back to guarantee it).
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:35 pm

minicat wrote:Well, I just think about all the money they've spent on relief pitchers who have been completely useless the past decade. Last year was yet another example where all the high-priced "talent" was on the DL or off the roster two months in and all the no-names like Axford, Stetter, Braddock and Loe were leading a rebuilt bullpen. In a few years when a guy like Axford gets expensive, you let him go and find another guy like him. The Brewers have never had trouble creating closers ... I mean, they managed to harness Derrick Turnbow's erratically amazing talent for a good season's worth of work (though, that being said, I wish we had Mike Maddux back to guarantee it).

Perhaps Augustine can suit up. He was always good for about 3 innings and 4 runs.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am

What's wrong with Casey McGehee? He was the Brewers MVP last year. Now he's mired in a huge offensive slump and his defense hasn't gotten any better. Who besides the all-purpose Counsel could play 3rd base if Casey needs some battery-charging time on the bench? Is there a veteran 3rd basemen available to trade for? I like Casey, but he'd better get it turned around soon.

Most of the relievers seem pretty predictable. They could get shelled as the season wears on.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

supaunknown wrote:Who besides the all-purpose Counsel could play 3rd base if Casey needs some battery-charging time on the bench?

Well, they've got Matt Gamel playing 1B in the minors in anticipation of the day Prince bolts for big-market moolah, but he's put in some time at the hot corner for the Brewers in the past. I don't know if he's a defensive upgrade on McGehee, but he would almost certainly give the offense a boost.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Marvell wrote:
supaunknown wrote:Who besides the all-purpose Counsel could play 3rd base if Casey needs some battery-charging time on the bench?

Well, they've got Matt Gamel playing 1B in the minors in anticipation of the day Prince bolts for big-market moolah, but he's put in some time at the hot corner for the Brewers in the past. I don't know if he's a defensive upgrade on McGehee, but he would almost certainly give the offense a boost.

Don Money.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Bump. Bump. BUMP. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah, that was really a Loe-ful performance.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mayact4 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:53 am

I like Ron Roenicke overall, but his decision to keep putting Loe out there in the 8th defies explanation.
mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby gargantua » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:13 am

I'm beginning to Loe-er my expectations for the Brewers this season.

While I "like" Roenicke, I'm starting to get concerned, well actually past starting, about the team's utter futility on the road, and his apparent inability to do anything about it.

We're more than halfway through the season so it's pretty apparent that it's not an anomaly and we can't just wish it away.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking