MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Whitney Way hit and run

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Whitney Way hit and run

Postby Shorty » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

A bicyclist was hit and dragged by a young woman in a dark blue Dodge Durango Tuesday morning.

http://madisonwest.channel3000.com/news ... -run/53164

"The driver of the Durango sped off after realizing she had been dragging the bicyclist, police said. She is described as a Hispanic woman in her mid-20s, police said. Anyone with information should call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014."
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Whitney Way hit and run

Postby kurt_w » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Yeah, I saw a story about that in one of the papers. It sounds pretty awful.

Many thanks to the driver of the truck who pulled in front of her SUV and forced her to stop.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm

The suspect is described as a hispanic woman in her mid-20s.

Hmmm... Driving like there are no rules, common in Tijuana. Driving while Ignoring bystanders, common in Juarez. Desperately flees from a hit and run scene... I wonder if she is here illegally?
HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 pm

You know about the driving habits in both Tijuana and Juarez. You must be a seasoned world traveler.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pattymcnutt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:You know about the driving habits in both Tijuana and Juarez. You must be a seasoned world traveler.

I'm assuming by "seasoned world traveler" you mean "drug smuggler with a penchant for tequila-sodden hookers"
pattymcnutt
Forum Addict

Postby WestSideYuppie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:24 pm

I've come within inches of my life at the same intersection. Drivers come off the west beltline, and they are all looking to the left as they cruise through that stoplight.
WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby indycoyote » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:15 pm

HamsterArmageddon wrote:The suspect is described as a hispanic woman in her mid-20s.

Hmmm... Driving like there are no rules, common in Tijuana. Driving while Ignoring bystanders, common in Juarez. Desperately flees from a hit and run scene... I wonder if she is here illegally?

I'm guessing, hamster, that you must be a serial killer...just like another white boy, jeff dahmer...logic is a fucking bitch ain't it.
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Postby bensanitay » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 am

The Durango driver was about as oblivious as those women who continue to fake-bake tan despite exceeding the shade of "gross" a number of tanning sessions ago. I wonder if perhaps the suspect isn't actually hispanic, and instead a dark haired woman with a fake-bake tanning habit.
bensanitay

Postby gargantua » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am

Since they seemed to have a decent vehicle description, I'm a little surprised they haven't caught the driver yet. DOT can provide a list of Durangos in Dane County....possibly even itemizing by color.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 pm

The registered owner wasn't driving. The truck was recovered. The identity of the driver is known although her whereabouts are not.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Walter wrote:The registered owner wasn't driving. The truck was recovered. The identity of the driver is known although her whereabouts are not.

That clinches it. Tijuana. They'd never do anything like that in Juarez.
WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 am

Walter wrote:The registered owner wasn't driving. The truck was recovered. The identity of the driver is known although her whereabouts are not.

Ah....thanks for sharing Walter. I miss your posts.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bikerwhogothit » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

I am the biker. I am doing much better after now 3 surgeries. They moved a muscle from my calf to the side of my knee and have had two skin grafts surgeries for 4 different parts of my leg and foot. I had severe road rash, which is still healing, on my entire right side of my body from the tire. I have been on crutches and off work for almost two months now. Physical therapy, plastic surgeon and orthopedic surgeon, and mental therapy appointments keep me busy. Not too mention all the paperwork with insurance and crime victim offices with the DA. I havent been able to live at my own home because I live in a 3rd floor apartment with no elevator. This girl, Jamie Gonzalez is her name, has permanately ruined my leg. She has taken all sense of security from me as I am scared to death anytime I am in a car. She has taken any will to ever ride a bike again. She has taken my almost 2 months so far of my life and provided me with the worst pain I have ever suffered in my life, both physically and emotionally. And she got away with it. She is now in Mexico as the detective has informed me. And there is nothing I can do about it but try to heal more and more everday. I have 1 more surgery in 6 months. Hopefully that will be that last. The doctors say I may never regain full feeling in my leg. I pray that God grants me the ability to forgive her for what she has done to me. Its hard knowing that she knew she hit me. She tapped me, knocking me off my bike, then freaked and floored it, trapping me under her vehicle and dragging me while I held on to her bumper keeping my head off the ground, banging on her truck and screaming at the top of my lungs for dear life. The roto rooter driver, Kyle, saved my life. My head landed 6inches away from the curb in the center median. I would be dead had he not been brave enough to pull in front of her. She then ran me over and ran into his van to flee. I dont know what she could have been possibly thinking. Ill never know. And now me and my family are the only ones that have and will pay, emotionally, physically and financially for what she has done. May God with her.
bikerwhogothit

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Did you get a confession from the family, or is this bitch still at large?
HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby bikerwhogothit » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 pm

The girl who hit me and her father have escaped to Mexico from what I believe. I have not heard from her or her family. To be honest, I would really rather not hear from them. I still have alot of anger I am dealing with. I hope this will forever be on her conscience like it is forever engraved in me and permanately displayed for everyone to see on my body.

I just want to say how great and amazing my mom has been through this whole thing. It cant be or have beeen easy for her, seeing her daughter in so much pain. Arriving on the scene seconds after the ambulance drove off, not knowing if I was going to live or die, to what extent my injuries were. All she saw was my mangled bike and bloody shoe on the ground. She has moved me in with her, changed my bandages, took me to different doctors appointments and held my hand through it all. I have cried on her shoulder more than I can count. She is remarkable. I love her beyond words can express.

Tell your mom you love her.
bikerwhogothit

Next

Return to Town Vibe