Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, July 14, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Rökker Vodka now available in Madison

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Rökker Vodka now available in Madison

Postby rokker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 pm

hey Forons!

i'm Rökker, publisher at Maximum Ink music magazine, and i just put out my own vodka.

have you tried Rökker Vodka yet?

it's out in select bars and liquor stores in Madison. we've only been out for about a month.

Rökker Vodka is made right here in Madison and distilled by Yahara Bay Distillery!

it's a premium vodka made from 100% grain, i implore you to try it... it's really good with Lemonade, or order a RökkerGimlet, Rökkertini, ScrewRökker, RökkerTonic, BloodyRökker.... or Rökkify your own blend.

for a full list of bars and liquor stores that gets updated.

http://www.RokkerVodka.com

Report back. Rökker

ps. if you try Rökker in a drink not mentioned above, post your Rökkified drink, i'm building a database.
rokker
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Rökker Vodka now available in Madison

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Rökker Rökker Rökker Rökker eggs and Rökker

Postby Detritus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

rokker wrote:hey RökkerForons!

i'm Rökker, Rökkerpublisher at RökkerMaximum RökkerInk Rökkermusic Rökkermagazine, and i just put out my own Rökkervodka.

have you tried Rökker Vodka yet?

it's out in select Rökkerbars and Rökkerliquor Rökkerstores in RökkerMadison. we've only been out for about a Rökkermonth.

Rökker Vodka is made right here in RökkerMadison and distilled by RökkerYahara RökkerBay RökkerDistillery!

it's a premium Rökkervodka made from 100% Rökkergrain, i implore you to try it... it's really good with RökkerLemonade, or order a RökkerGimlet, Rökkertini, ScrewRökker, RökkerTonic, BloodyRökker.... or Rökkify your own blend.

for a Rökkerfull Rökkerlist of Rökkerbars and Rökkerliquor Rökkerstores that gets updated.

http://www.RokkerVodka.com

Report back. Rökker

ps. if you Rökkertry Rökker in a Rökkerdrink not Rökkermentioned Rökkerabove, Rökkerpost Rökkeryour Rökkified Rökkerdrink, Rökkeri'm Rökkerbuilding Rökkera Rökkerdatabase.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Contact info for Isthmus advertising
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Seriously, though, good luck--the more local brew the better.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Mini-rant:

Hobby distilleries, nitch liqueurs, and spirits are a terrible idea to market unless you are doing something fucking amazing. Take a look at the vodka section of your local liquor store --enormous right? Want to be the next Tito's? You won't be. Want to make a spirit out of sugar beets and honey? Get a life.

Do this stuff at home and enjoy it with friends. Don't show me a 30 dollar bottle that would be better served as an alternative fuel source before something fit for ingestion and tell me its the next big thing. You might as well melt some skittles in there and try to market that. You'll have better luck.

*note I haven't tried Rokker's vodka yet. It might be really good. I'm just saying that's not a market to get noticed.

Bourbons, Scotch, Whiskies, you might be on to something if you have your stuff together....just not another vodka or moonshine knockoff.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rokker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 pm

i guess i shoulda spoke to you first... how did you learn so much?

Endo Rockstar wrote:Mini-rant:

Hobby distilleries, nitch liqueurs, and spirits are a terrible idea to market unless you are doing something fucking amazing. Take a look at the vodka section of your local liquor store --enormous right? Want to be the next Tito's? You won't be. Want to make a spirit out of sugar beets and honey? Get a life.

Do this stuff at home and enjoy it with friends. Don't show me a 30 dollar bottle that would be better served as an alternative fuel source before something fit for ingestion and tell me its the next big thing. You might as well melt some skittles in there and try to market that. You'll have better luck.

*note I haven't tried Rokker's vodka yet. It might be really good. I'm just saying that's not a market to get noticed.

Bourbons, Scotch, Whiskies, you might be on to something if you have your stuff together....just not another vodka or moonshine knockoff.

-Dan Motor
rokker
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:43 am

@Endo/Dan - What are you like on a first date?

Look, you are kinda ugly but passable and I'm guessing once I get to know you I'll think your personality sucks. Trust me, I've been on first dates before...

I'm no vodka enthusiast unless you count a binge evening in HS with a bottle of Fleischmans and some lemonade but cut the guy some slack and at least drink the stuff, first. Sheesh.
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:14 am

c02 wrote:@Endo/Dan - What are you like on a first date?

Look, you are kinda ugly but passable and I'm guessing once I get to know you I'll think your personality sucks. Trust me, I've been on first dates before...

I'm no vodka enthusiast unless you count a binge evening in HS with a bottle of Fleischmans and some lemonade but cut the guy some slack and at least drink the stuff, first. Sheesh.

Oh, it gets worse. I pass judgement on bands by their gear on stage before they play. I make fun of girls with Asian calligraphy tatooed above their ass-cracks, and dudes wearing Ed Hardy, Affliction, or pink polos. I don't these things because I automatically hate the people I'm ridiculing.

Rokker gave me the chance to rant about something that's quickly becoming the next "foodie" trend. I guarantee you the Vodka is fine. I say that before I even taste it. Does it deserve my shelf space? Meh--I lean towards not. Its not going to make me a dime unless I hand sell every bottle by explaining to every customer looking for a "decent" vodka: "have you ever picked up a Maximum Ink? Cool, so Rokker has his own vodka made by Yahara Bay. Yahara Bay? They're a local distillery making some decent spirits. Blah blah blah you get the idea. In the mean time 10 bottles of Svedka, Smirnoff, and Fleischmans, have left the building. Return customers for Rokker's Vodka I'd wager one for every case that is sold after the first 2 months based on price point and quality. Return customers after 2 months? One bottle per month unless I continue to hand sell full time.

Like I said, the trend to distill your own spirits is a very very cool hobby. Enjoy with friends and family. But unless your distributor is willing in to throw in a case of rail for every 6 bottles of Rockker you buy, I have my doubts it'll make the retailers money. Yes, I'm jaded about wine, liquor, and beer. So take it with a grain of salt....or better yet, disregard completely, I don't mind.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rokker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 am

what establishment do you work at?

Endo Rockstar wrote:
c02 wrote:@Endo/Dan - What are you like on a first date?

Oh, it gets worse. I pass judgement on bands by their gear on stage before they play. I make fun of girls with Asian calligraphy tatooed above their ass-cracks, and dudes wearing Ed Hardy, Affliction, or pink polos. I don't these things because I automatically hate the people I'm ridiculing.

Rokker gave me the chance to rant about something that's quickly becoming the next "foodie" trend. I guarantee you the Vodka is fine. I say that before I even taste it. Does it deserve my shelf space? Meh--I lean towards not. Its not going to make me a dime unless I hand sell every bottle by explaining to every customer looking for a "decent" vodka: "have you ever picked up a Maximum Ink? Cool, so Rokker has his own vodka made by Yahara Bay. Yahara Bay? They're a local distillery making some decent spirits. Blah blah blah you get the idea. In the mean time 10 bottles of Svedka, Smirnoff, and Fleischmans, have left the building. Return customers for Rokker's Vodka I'd wager one for every case that is sold after the first 2 months based on price point and quality. Return customers after 2 months? One bottle per month unless I continue to hand sell full time.

Like I said, the trend to distill your own spirits is a very very cool hobby. Enjoy with friends and family. But unless your distributor is willing in to throw in a case of rail for every 6 bottles of Rockker you buy, I have my doubts it'll make the retailers money. Yes, I'm jaded about wine, liquor, and beer. So take it with a grain of salt....or better yet, disregard completely, I don't mind.

-Dan Motor
rokker
Forum God/Goddess

Postby c02 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 am

Endo Rockstar wrote:Oh, it gets worse. I pass judgement on bands by their gear on stage before they play. I make fun of girls with Asian calligraphy tatooed above their ass-cracks, and dudes wearing Ed Hardy, Affliction, or pink polos. I don't these things because I automatically hate the people I'm ridiculing.

Actually, I kind of get it.

(sigh...if only I lived in a world where I saw tattoos above ass-cracks....)
c02
Forum Addict

Postby Endo Rockstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 am

rokker wrote:what establishment do you work at?

Endo Rockstar wrote:
(me bitching)

-Dan Motor

I understand why you're asking, Rokker, but I hope you'll understand that I'm not going to say. I realize I kind of threw you under the bus in this thread, which I probably could have avoided and made less personal, so I apologize. I would have had the same reaction had any person or local company pitched a similar product.

But even though my criticisms are pretty rough around the edges I'll stand by them. If someone hands me a glass of something that had a niche market and growth potential I wouldn't be so heavy handed -- the folks at Koval come to mind, but not another Vodka.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rokker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

you can run but you'll just die tired.

honestly, i don't mind criticism, but your criticism is absolut-ly unfounded. and, i'd like to take the opportunity to taste test Rökker Vodka and show you what the potential is.. and how you might be able to get behind it, as it is taking off rather nicely, and re-orders have been happening regularly at this point.

so what do you say, i'll put my money where my mouth is.... will you?

Endo Rockstar wrote:
rokker wrote:what establishment do you work at?

Endo Rockstar wrote:
(me bitching)

-Dan Motor

I understand why you're asking, Rokker, but I hope you'll understand that I'm not going to say. I realize I kind of threw you under the bus in this thread, which I probably could have avoided and made less personal, so I apologize. I would have had the same reaction had any person or local company pitched a similar product.

But even though my criticisms are pretty rough around the edges I'll stand by them. If someone hands me a glass of something that had a niche market and growth potential I wouldn't be so heavy handed -- the folks at Koval come to mind, but not another Vodka.

-Dan Motor
rokker
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Is it high-end VIP exclusive like Snake Juice?
http://www.snakeholelounge.com/special- ... uice.shtml
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rokker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm

high end, yes

like snakejuice?

certainly not our bottle! we take the highest quality Vodka we can make and put it in the cheapest 1L bottle we could find, and a black and white label to keep the cost down.

why pay for a bottle you're going to throw away...

fisticuffs wrote:Is it high-end VIP exclusive like Snake Juice?
http://www.snakeholelounge.com/special- ... uice.shtml
rokker
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails