MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 75.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Commercials

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

Re: Commercials

Postby wallrock » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:The 1-877-KARSFORKIDS spot is killing me. Please make it stop.

The radio ad for this on WGN has led me to miss untold amounts of baseball over the years. Just hearing the piano intro sets off a fast twitch reaction punching the off button. I don't like any ad with children singing but this is the worst of them all.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am

Noting personal, but Doug the mesothelioma guy needs to take a time out.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 pm

"There is a bad rack out on the Beltline." Yes, I know me meant wreck, but his accent gave him away as an outlander. And we call them accidents or maybe crashes. Huby and Abraham, in their quest to chase ambulances, tries to portray themselves as a local law firm. They fail miserably.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

The "singing" girl in the Hyundai commercial must die.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DavidFreedomFighter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:37 am

Nissan The most annoying commercial of the year. Now I'll never buy one, Lexus or Hyundai either.
DavidFreedomFighter

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:46 pm

The Progressive girl desperately needs a makeover. That hairpiece has got to go and the electric lipstick. She's incredible.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:"There is a bad rack out on the Beltline." Yes, I know me meant wreck, but his accent gave him away as an outlander. And we call them accidents or maybe crashes. Huby and Abraham, in their quest to chase ambulances, tries to portray themselves as a local law firm. They fail miserably.

"Outlander" seems a bit strong. They're from Milwaukee.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:16 pm

From Milwaukee? I'm betting that same commercial is broadcast in various markets all over the U.S., for whichever ambulance-chaser law firm is the biggest in that market. They just voice over a different spot for the "rack". Note that it cuts away from the guy who is saying this before he says "Beltline".

In the Bay Area the voiceover guy says "There's a bad rack out on the Bayshore".

Of course in Washington D.C. they can almost keep the "beltline" version, but it's called a Beltway out there.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Galoot wrote:From Milwaukee? I'm betting that same commercial is broadcast in various markets all over the U.S., for whichever ambulance-chaser law firm is the biggest in that market.

Wouldn't surprise me. But Henry's gripe was: "Huby and Abraham, in their quest to chase ambulances, tries to portray themselves as a local law firm. They fail miserably."

They may fail in the portrayal, but they are a Milwaukee firm, straight up.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 am

"It's not warp stein bratwurst."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mayact4 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:20 am

I want Jennifer Hudson to stop screaming about Weight Watchers on my TV.
mayact4
Forum Addict

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am

mayact4 wrote:I want Jennifer Hudson to stop screaming about Weight Watchers on my TV.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Refugee IL » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:32 am

Ducatista wrote:Wouldn't surprise me. But Henry's gripe was: "Huby and Abraham, in their quest to chase ambulances, tries to portray themselves as a local law firm. They fail miserably."

They may fail in the portrayal, but they are a Milwaukee firm, straight up.

The NYC-based ad agency that produces the TV ads uses the same boilerplate ads for various and sundry law firms across the country.

The http://www.hupy.com website lists seven office locations. Three of them are in Illinois. If that's what you call a "straight up" Milwaukee business, that's your prerogative I suppose.

My own personal idea of a local business is one that's licensed in only one municipality / state. I'd prefer to be represented by a lawyer who knows Wisconsin law inside and out, over one who knows just enough to pass bar exams in multiple states.
Refugee IL

Postby doppel » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 am

Scratch.. scrATCH... SCRATCH. Stanton Fucking Optical. I'll never buy anything there. Another thing I hate is any promotion\advertisement during the game. Another double for Met Life or another first down for First Federal. That kind of shit also puts you on my I'll never buy shit from you shit list.
doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 am

doppel wrote:Scratch.. scrATCH... SCRATCH. Stanton Fucking Optical. I'll never buy anything there. Another thing I hate is any promotion\advertisement during the game. Another double for Met Life or another first down for First Federal. That kind of shit also puts you on my I'll never buy shit from you shit list.

Oooh, thanks! It sounds like hens trying to lay eggs to me!
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to TV