Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
breese stevens field
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Rökker Vodka now available in Madison

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Rökker Vodka now available in Madison

Postby Exploding Pinto » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 am

Did you know about Rökk vodka before choosing the name?
Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Postby Taco » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 am

ilikebeans wrote:Contact info for Isthmus advertising.

Time for you to stop being a douche.

There are a lot of great reasons why advertising in a web forum make sense - it's free, lots of people will see it, you can have some spicy give and take, etc.

However, since we're talking about Rökker Vodka, I should mention that I had some a couple days ago and it seemed to be cursed with Montezuma's Revenge. You know what I mean? After two drinks, I had thee backdoor trots. I'm sure it was just a fluke, but since we're talking about it in a free forum, I figured I'd bring it up.

As a Taco, I'm very sensitive to charges of food poisoning or contamination, and I'm sure Sr. Rökker is the same way. Please look in to this amigo!
Taco
Forum Addict

Postby indycoyote » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Hype exchange? Is this the same guy who used to to that awful music show on WYOU in the cowboy hat with the jam bands? I'd pour his vodka back into the horse..
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Postby Lars4d » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

FYI - There are over 400 vodkas in the market currently. Rokker is one of many. What makes it stand out here? Many things. I'm a distiller at Yahara Bay (and have found this feed quite humorous) and can tell you first hand why this is a "Premium" vodka. We distill all of our spirits in small batches, hence full control over the spirit. We do a heavy "heads" cut which eliminates the methyl alcohols and with the reflux eliminate the congeners. Most continuous stills(cheap vodka) blend all the heads into the final product (hangover). We also do heavy carbon filtration along with plate filtration. We also use local grain and fruit. I invite any and all to come and tour the distillery to learn more about small batch distilling.

Also, in 2004 there were 69 DSP's (Distilled Spirits Plant) licenses in the country, today there are 240. With a projection of 500+ by 2015 (ADI). Micro distilling is here to stay. This is the next "micro-brew". It is a niche market, but a market nontheless.

Cheers!
Lars Forde
Yahara Bay Distillers
Lars4d

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails